Movies shot where you live

A recent discussion about the movies that were shot where you live got me to thinking. What are some movies that were shot where you live? I live in Wetumpka. We had two movies filmed on location here. "The Grass Harp" and "Big Fish". Both low budget films, but good. Big fish had Ewen McGregor and some really tall dude. I was there when they were filming the car scene on the bridge. I live not even a minute away from where they were shooting. So, what are some of the movies or even TV shows that were filmed where you live?

RYAN.

Yuma Az. All of Star Wars which my father delivered fuel to, In the Army Now. Rat patrol, Altamont now. Another Dawn, The Bad Landers, The Barbarian, Jar Head, The Arab, The Flight Of the Phoenix, The Get Away, The Scorpion king was all filmed here, The Shawshank Redmption. I could keep going on but you get the point.

Memphis Belle was shot just down the road from me at RAF Binbrook. Quite a few of my school friends are in at as extras. One of them (Dave) was sat at the table next to the "stars" in the canteen scene - he is now an RAF pilot himself.

Two recent Brad Pitt movies - World War Z and the upcoming Fury - were both partially shot on location in Oxfordshire. World War Z filmed in the disused USAF hospital at the former RAF Upper Heyford, and the base was used as a location set for both Octopussy and The Fourth Protocol.

Vince

I used to live a couple of miles from Black Park in South Buckinghamshire. This is a beautiful country park right next door to Pinewood Studios, so an obvious choice for generic 'rural outdoor location' work!

A lot of the old Hammer horror movies' outdoor stuff was shot there, more recently also the Thunderbirds movie and The Mummy Returns.

Not exactly a 'major' nowadays, but the classic British comedy School For Scoundrels (1960) had some scenes on the Pinner Road in Harrow, where I lived until two years ago. It really hasn't changed too much in 50-odd years!

I think a few Ron Jeremy films took place nearby me....

Completely un-related, Stallone's movie FIST was filmed nearby in Dubuque IA in the late 70s. :coolio:

Edited by toadwbg

A Tiger's Tale has a scene shot at Pasadena Bayshore Hospital. My sister is a background extra.

Paper Moon was shot a couple of miles away from my house, but that was eighteen years before I moved there.

I won't mention the films shot in the Houston area even though scenes shot at Johnson Space Center are about four miles from my childhood home.

Hi there,

"Flight of the Phoenix" (Dennis Quaid version)

"10 000BC"

"The Prisoner" (Jim Caviezel)

Parts of "Beyond Borders" (Clive Owen, Angelina Jolie)

"A Far Off Place"

"Red Scorpion" Dolph Lundgren

"Steel Dawn" Patrick Swayze

"Mad Max: Fury Road" still to be released.

Regards

Pierre

My hometown is Boston MA, lots of films shot there in recent years.

In my neighborhood (Dorchester) specifically; "The Departed" (Mark Wahlberg is from the same 'hood so...), parts of "The Town".

401e8c60-b229-47dd-987a-0332f6186c2a-breaking-bad-abq.JPG

FAF-IPS.jpg

It being a small town, lots of familiar locations and plenty of friends, family, and co workers as extras, along with locations of friends' work places. Walter White taught at SWMBO's high school.

Others:

White Sands (helicopter work there)

Transformers,

Lone Survivor, (friends as extras)

Thor,

No Country for Old Men,

Terminator 4 (I bow to Tony Stark's far superior terminator-- though the helicopter company I worked for did the helicopter action)

Also Terminator 2 though. :thumbsup:

Natural Born Killers (shot in the hobby lobby I bought oh so many models from)

Observe and Report (Shot at a nearly abandoned mall, we walked around the sets once)

Red Dawn

Swing Vote (did the helicopter stuff for that too)

Both Young guns

Whole list here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_shot_in_New_Mexico

Being from Vancouver, I have lost track of the number of movies and TV shows shot in around the area.

X-Files (plus the movies)

Fringe

Battlestar Galactica

X Men (all of them)

Stargate: SG1

Stargate: Atlantis

Stargate: Universe

Sanctuary

Warehouse 13

Contunuum

Wolverine

End of Days

The 6th Day

Millennium

I, Robot

Twilight series (filmed all over the GVA and Victoria areas)

Most Sci-Fi Channel movies

There's a reasonably full list of films here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_shot_in_Vancouver

There's a reasonably full list of TV shows here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_series_produced_in_Vancouver

And that doesn't include all the post production effect companies that do work on most movies today.

Edited by RiderFan

Lots of movies and TV filmed here in Georgia. Two of my favorites filmed in my "backyard" are Zombieland (really funny if you haven't seen it) - and currently "The Walking Dead" - one of the best series I've ever watched.

I live right out of New Orleans or "Hollywood South". I see them filming something everyday and All over the City.. Later this month the next Terminator starts filming in the area...as is another Jurassic Park installment.

Soon another NCIS spinoff will film here, NCIS New Orleans. The pilot is planted in an NCIS episode sometime this April. It's Stars Scott Bakula in the lead role........ NOLA Really has become a Filming mecca in the last 12 years.

New York City native, Hollywood Northeast.

The last Mission:Impossible was partially filmed here in the UAE. There was filming for the next Fast & Furious installment here in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi over the winter.

The current season of Top Gear has filmed segments here. The segment with the 6x6 Mercedes G wagon driving through the water park is about a 10 minute drive away.

About 90% of TV commercials are filmed here in the high desert, the

scene from Dusk Till Dawn is here, the last episode of "
was raced here.

Club Ed and Four Acres were specifically Used/Built for moive's/Tv.

Curt

Not one of his best, but the kevin smith film 'jersey girl' was shot in town here, and parts were filmed in my high school (end auditorium scene, and more i believe. Only watched it once many years ago...lol). Only gets points from me for having g. carlin in it

Interesting topic, btw