Hello friends! This is my latest work. It’s the Trumpeter’s MiG-23 MF in 1/48 scale. I have added Eduard PE exterior and interior, Brassin wheels, wheel wells and exhaust nozzles. I also did some scratch building. The model is painted with Gunze and Tamiya acrylics and weathered with oils. She is in the colors of the Peoples Republic of Bulgaria from mid 80-s. This build took me 34 days to complete.

MiG23mf_109_zps12c5867f.jpg

MiG23mf_105_zps587e2d6d.jpg

MiG23mf_112_zps394855fd.jpg

MiG23mf_113_zpsb9aca377.jpg

MiG23mf_107_zps5f429509.jpg

MiG23mf_114_zpsfb5baf6e.jpg

MiG23mf_122_zps157e8fe4.jpg

MiG23mf_123_zps4b7a523d.jpg

MiG23mf_124_zps90b0c2fb.jpg

MiG23mf_126_zpsc7d77e56.jpg

Awesome! Beautiful camo and equally beautifully detailed. I remembered your previous works and knew instantly when I saw this thread that this will be good. And when I saw the pics, it really was! I just love Floggers!

First of all, thank you again for your compliments. I checked about the missiles with a Bulgarian serviceman and he claims that MiG-23 MF can use only the R-23R or T on one mission. :bandhead2:

That's what she said. JK.

I love your MiG. Your gear bay detail looks very nice. Is this your scratch work?

The scratch detail is the pluming and wiring of the gears and the nose wheel well. Also the R-23 missiles have scratch details on them. The nose profile is changed a bit, landing lights added and the pitot tube is made from needles.

Edited by stenkabg
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all, thank you again for your compliments. I checked about the missiles with a Bulgarian serviceman and he claims that MiG-23 MF can use only the R-23R or T on one mission. :bandhead2:/>

I also talked with a former Chief Engineer(RoAF)on MiG-23MF and he told me that our MiG's could use in the same mission R-23R & R-23T but not frequently!

Most likely is a matter of procedure.

P.S Great work mate!!!

• 3 months later...

beautiful model Stanislav!

and all those nicely added aftermarket goodies, make it looks like a crown full of jewels!

the only critique i would made is about the (outward) canted MLG wheels, that would looks better if they where straight. ...but i surely wouldn't have done better in 34 days...

I also talked with a former Chief Engineer(RoAF)on MiG-23MF and he told me that our MiG's could use in the same mission R-23R & R-23T but not frequently!

P.S Great work mate!!!

What I remember was both could be carried, but only one type used during a flight.

It's a matter of hardware. There are control modules for each type, the MF had only one type at the same time, exchange possible on ground only. The ML had both modules on board, so no exchange necessary

• 3 months later...

The kits are not bad. There are some issues, some of them can be corrected (intakes, splitter plates, front gear on early variants.....) and some not or at least not easy (wrong upper contour in front area) I'd advise the later variants ( ML, MLD) as they have less issues.