What's next for Zactoman?

Something with a good profit margin! pray.gif

Would that mean providing a product that's in high demand?

For example; If a popular model kit subject such as an ME/BF-109 needed a correct and accurate 'widget', and you provided it, would that be an example of a good profit margin?

I remember back in the '80's one of my first lessons of business economics was from the movie 'Down and out in Beverly Hills'. Richard Dreyfuss' character's was a millionaire who owned a business and has a home in Beverly Hills.

What kind of business does he own that made him a multimillionaire?His company makes.......dry-cleaner wire-coat hangers. A most primitive and basic product yet in constant high demand.

If you can find your 'dry-cleaner wire-coat hanger' or 'pocket fisherman' product, that would be such a win-win.

You would make a more comfortable living and we modelers would get awesome AM products for our builds biggrin.gif !

Hi Chris

Now that I have your incredible Tomcat Intake Set, how about making a set for the wing spoilers and all the associated plumbing when they are hanging in the wind?

Peter

I'm in! :thumbsup:

With detailed slats/flaps mechanism for the wings.

• 2 weeks later...

Something with a good profit margin! :pray:/>

I have a suggestion,feathered and featherless exhaust nozzles for Tamiya 1/32 F-15 kits. Saw a couple of old CE sets going on eBay for nearly 60 bucks each not long ago. Also,the feathered nozzle could be sold as improvement for Tamiya/Academy F-16s. Exhausts for Hasegawa 1/48 Super Hornets might be a good earners as well,everyone wants them and as far as I know there is none in resin yet....

Expanding your excellent Sidewinder missile line would be awesome as well. Sparrows,AMRAAMs....

Looking forward to new sets from Zacto's kitchen,the best resin money can buy!

• 4 weeks later...

The Su-33 is a great project for sure.

I still say: 1.32 F-4B/N and F-16A/B / MLU updates. Or just 1/32 parabrakes for the F-16A/B/C/D; it would open up a world of options for Viper fans...and there are quite a few, so sales would be plenty!

T

Chris, It would be nice to see some F-16ADF stuff for the Tamiya 1/32 kit! Tail section , search light, IFF antennas , wheels, anything that can convert to the ADF falcon.

Hey guys, don't under estimate the market share of the Academy also.... like I mention earlier,

not that many items are required for the F-16CG Academy Blk.50 to switch to a Blk.30 and be able to do most if not all of the Agressor line up...

Dan.

All in 1/32:

SU-33 conversion

Harrier corrections

T-45 conversion for Revell Hawk

late model F-4E conversion

Panavia Tornado corrections

But, the Su-33 conversion might be very tempting but I doubt very much Chris would go that avenue with those vac problem, too bad.

Dan.

All in 1/32:

SU-33 conversion

Harrier corrections

T-45 conversion for Revell Hawk

late model F-4E conversion

Panavia Tornado corrections

I'll second the F-4E for Tamiya - leading edge slats and F-4G conversion would be awesome.

MiG-29 backdate for the Trumpeter K/M to create a 9-12 Fulcrum.

F-16A vert stab, plus small inlet / P&WA F100 nozzle to create F-16A or ADF from Tamiya Block 50 F-16CJ

Either would be nice

Tony

How about a set of open air brakes for any 1/72 F-16 kit?

I'd suggest more modern weapons and drop tanks; relatively simple shapes that modelers will want to dress their planes up. Your 'Winders are quite nice, but how about adding some Sparrows, AMRAAMs, Falcons, JSOWs, JDAMs, Mavericks, and Phoenixes of various marks to the lineup? More drop tanks would be welcome, too, especially accurate ones! One of my biggest modeling headaches is making the tanks, and then dealing with the seam where the two halves joined. For some reason, I totally suck at that clean up issue.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working on the OH-58D

You could scale down your Kiowa goodies to 1/48? I'd love to get some to improve the Italeri kit...

But I would also love to get a set of good TERs and MERs in 1/32!!!

• 2 months later...

I'd like to see an early F-4 correction/conversion set to convert the Tamiya F-4 to a B, N, or prototype like the Project Sageburner Phantom - think of the Cutting edge 1/48th set but for a 1/32nd model. A Brit Phantom correction would really set the folks all a-twittering, but I could also see the price for that becoming prohibitive.

Oh, how about something to convert the 1/32nd Academy AH-1s into the modern AH-1Z?

Robert

Edited by robert61267
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to second the request for MER’s and TER’s,from the Vietnam. Tamiya’s are to big but the detail is the nicest of the lot. Trumpy’s are to small. With all of the new Resin products, Decasl, and other goodies out for the Phantoms, these little gems would do rather well. Our sales of F-4 E and G conversion kits are very strong, and with the planned release the F-4B/N conversion set still on for November, the demand for the Racks should be fairly strong. We also need USAF outer wing pylons for the F-4.

Keep the faith,

Gary

GT Resin Products

• 2 weeks later...

What about 1/32 GBU-12's? Would those be difficult to make? I build mainly 32nd scale and there are no accurate GBU-12's that I can find. All the kit ones are lacking in detail to say the least. They are one of the most used weapons on modern aircraft and I know I would buy a lot of them.

Thanks for your consideration,

Bryan

F-14 intakes for the Tamiya kit should also be welcome considering the number of kits that must be hibernating in modeller's stocks all over the world. Not because of the inaccurate shape (it seems OK), but the lack of trunking for a model of modern expectations.

Jens

[/quote

Yup.... these would be my number one request as well! I've been wanting to start my big Tamiya Tomcat for some time now, but have held off because of the intakes. One day..... Fred K.