What's next for Zactoman?

Chris,

You do excellent work in providing us modeler's with correction sets for models. If we are talking 1/48 scale would love to see intake and exhaust sets for the SR-71, 1/32 scale would love to see someone come out with burner cans and nozzles for the F-15.

• 3 months later...

Chris,

Here are some thoughts from my side. I am only interested in 1/32 jets, so that is the scope of my suggestions:

External stores:

1. GBU-12. As has been said before, these are the most-used AG load of the last 20 years but are not available to any degree of satisfaction in 1/32.

2. MER and to a lesser extent TER. The Tamiya MERs are off (they are also slightly too short).

Corrections/Updates

The Trumpeter Harrier really needs your input. I would think a correction set (covering pylons and gun, maybe more) should sell well, considering the Harrier is used by the U.S. and UK which must be the biggest modeling markets. I would guess that pylons are pretty easy to manufacture for you so you should be able to make some money here.

Cheers,

Marcel

• 3 weeks later...
GBU-12 are available from Avionix, Flightpath and CMK. Arn´they any good?

Hello Stephan, I was really only aware of the Flightpath offering, my bad. I don't like the Flightpath set much, the bomb body looks too big and the seeker head looks just wrong.

I took a look at the CMK GBU-12's, they generally look nice but it seems they got confused with the Enhanced Paveway (as used by the RAF), their GBU-12 has GPS receivers and braces on the bomb body (but is kissing other components of the Enhanced Paveway).

:cheers:

Marcel

• 2 months later...

Hey Zactoman, Any news on an MCID(big-mouth)intake to replace the one from the Academy Kit in 1/32 scale? I am looking forward to building one for one of the retired "Wing Kings" from the 178FW from Springfield, OH. I've contacted you before about this. I just wondered if there was anything in the works. Thanks, Chris. I still watch your VHS tape of your award winning 1/32 scale Revell MiG-29. It's a class act. Thanks, Tim

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

There are many Ju-87 Stuka kits. Some are Ju-87B-2 kits, but there are no Ju-87B-1 kits. I can't fathom it. The Ju-87B-1 was the varient that made the plane famous in the Polish blitzkrieg, and it was the only varient that saw combat until the Battle of Britain. The B-1 was the most common type of Stuka until 1941. Total production amounted to 697 B-1s vs 225 B-2s.

Airfix will be introducing a Ju 87B-1 in 1/48th scale next year. I expect it will be a decent model, but perhaps not the best Stuka model. A conversion kit to create a Ju 87B-1 might be popular. I've looked for one for quite a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris, I hate to keep bugging you about the MCID (Big-Mouth) Intake to replace the horrible MCID intake of Academy's 1/32 scale Viper.(I can't lie, I don't mind bugging you about this! HA!!!) A lot of guys like me want to build a Block 30, because so many of our ANG units had Block 30's. You fixed up the NSI intake, and you said that the MCID would be coming soon. As we know, the MCID intake in Academy's 1/32 scale kit is horrible. I really don't want to end up doing what Mike Reed did and have to buy a Tamiya kit just for the intake. Anyway, I was just wondering if you're gonna to a 1/32 scale MCID intake, or are you going to "86" those plans. I look forward to hearing something, either way. Thanks, Chris.