What's next for Zactoman?

Something with a good profit margin! :pray:/>

Anything with a "109" or a "190" in it will put your kids through college.

Money losers for sure, but:

1/48 T-38 wheels.

1/48 Mig-25 intakes for the KH kit.

1/72 B-52 wheel and bomb wells.

1/48 exhaust trunk and rear fuselage plugs for KH F-35B.

1/48 CRT screens with nice relief

1/48 SR-71 nozzles

1/48 OV-10 update set

How am I doing?

Since Chris seems to prefer 1/32, how about F-4B and F-4S conversions for the Tamiya F-4J and a slat set with ARN-101, F-4G, and/or QF-4E parts for the Tamiya F-4E? So far, every one produced has been wrong or incomplete and everything announced has remained vaporware for years.

I guess the rest of the F-100D aft of his nose piece would be asking a little too much? ;)

Ben

Since Chris seems to prefer 1/32, how about F-4B and F-4S conversions for the Tamiya F-4J and a slat set with ARN-101, F-4G, and/or QF-4E parts for the Tamiya F-4E? So far, every one produced has been wrong or incomplete and everything announced has remained vaporware for years.

I guess the rest of the F-100D aft of his nose piece would be asking a little too much? wink.gif

Ben

How about an F-4K conversion kit banana.gifnewbanana.gif?!

I think the Brit Phantom conversion is already on the way and do not know whether Chris can afford to undertake such a major endeavour>?

The F-4B/N and S Phantom seems more easier..and profitable.

Who's doing the Brit Phantom conversion?

I would love to see Chris' YF-23 finished.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will keep them all in mind (when I get time to start a new project).

For now, I've been busy doing support work on the 1/48 Su-33 project and other projects they are working on http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=268873

I'm doing color artwork for the camouflage/decal charts as well as some profile artwork for the box top side panels.

I have taken the time, between things, to adapt my Tomcat fuel tank pylons to fit the Tamiya kit:

Pylon_1_zpsce1a1b95.jpg

It's a small product but it's progress.

I will be updating the website in the next few days to put these up for sale.

My next project, between things, will be starting/finishing instructions for the OH-58D Exterior set:

MMS_1.jpg

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=233605&view=findpost&p=2364344

I've been dreading this as the instructions are going to be terribly difficult to make being that there are sooo many tiny parts spread all around the entire airframe.

After that, we shall see... :wacko:/>

:cheers:/>

F-14 intakes for the Tamiya kit should also be welcome considering the number of kits that must be hibernating in modeller's stocks all over the world. Not because of the inaccurate shape (it seems OK), but the lack of trunking for a model of modern expectations.

Jens

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will keep them all in mind (when I get time to start a new project).

For now, I've been busy doing support work on the 1/48 Su-33 project and other projects they are working on http://www.arcforums...howtopic=268873

I'm doing color artwork for the camouflage/decal charts as well as some profile artwork for the box top side panels.

271.gif

Is it possible to get reprints of your YF-23 artwork?

YF-23picsm.jpg

Is it possible to get reprints of your YF-23 artwork?

Thank you for calling it "artwork"! :cheers:/>

I never actually offered prints of this, or intended to.

This was actually just a quick bit of Photoshop fun I did as a sample of what the box art for my 1/32 kit might look like.

I took this picture:

YF-23007sm.jpg

Added color in PS, added some scanned decal markings that I distorted to fit, borrowed the pilot/cockpit form somebodies online F-18 build, and dropped onto a pic of Edwards I found online. I then dropped an F-16 in the background.

My plan was to eventually do other versions, pick the one I liked the best, enlarge it and print it on canvas and then paint over it with oil paints (kind of cheating!). I was then going to have it scanned and printed for the box art (and possibly prints).

Unfortunately this test pic was only 2400 pixels wide at 72 dpi, so it's too low rez to even consider enlarging for a print.

:cheers:/>

Thank you for calling it "artwork"! 271.gif/>

I never actually offered prints of this, or intended to.

This was actually just a quick bit of Photoshop fun I did as a sample of what the box art for my 1/32 kit might look like.

I took this picture:

YF-23007sm.jpg

Added color in PS, added some scanned decal markings that I distorted to fit, borrowed the pilot/cockpit form somebodies online F-18 build, and dropped onto a pic of Edwards I found online. I then dropped an F-16 in the background.

My plan was to eventually do other versions, pick the one I liked the best, enlarge it and print it on canvas and then paint over it with oil paints (kind of cheating!). I was then going to have it scanned and printed for the box art (and possibly prints).

Unfortunately this test pic was only 2400 pixels wide at 72 dpi, so it's too low rez to even consider enlarging for a print.

271.gif/>

Ah; Very interesting. How it came to life.

I am patiently waiting for the day you start producing your beautiful 1/32nd scale YF-23 pray.gif !

Besides liking the a/c on it's own merit, I was a McDonnell Douglas employee when Lockheed Martin successfully bribed.....I mean, won the contract to build the F-22.

The YF-23 was an overall much better a/c than the YF-22 was. But I digress.

The YF-23 was an overall much better a/c than the YF-22 was. But I digress.

I agree and I think the YF-23 is so much cooler looking than the F-22. I even saved some of Zactoman's artwork and I think my first YF-23 that I eventually build will be either the IAF or JASDF one. Both are great looking in those schemes.

My other what-if is a Canadian Forces 439 Squadron in Tiger Meet markings like they did one year on their CF-18. Actually it is more of a what-the-heck rather than a what-if :)/>

Edited by skyhawk174

Hi Chris

Now that I have your incredible Tomcat Intake Set, how about making a set for the wing spoilers and all the associated plumbing when they are hanging in the wind?

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thanks again for the suggestions! :cheers:

I'll address just a few:

Nothing with clear canopies. I've discontinued my previous canopy sets because of all the problems I've had.

British Phantom - Sorry, too big of a project considering my current schedule. I'll need to be producing some smaller (faster to create patterns) sets to generate immediate income before I tackle any big correction/conversion sets.

Tamiya Tomcat Intakes - After all the headaches I had from the Trump Intakes, I'll pass on this for a while...

Trump Tomcat additions - I'm open to some of these but I need to focus on the items that will generate the most sales. Open spoilers look cool but only a few builders might choose to display them that way. On the other hand, every Tomcat builder might want more accurate Phoenix pallets.

As I mentioned above, my first priorities are releasing the products I already have finished.

I released the Tamiya Tomcat Fuel Tank Pylons last night.

Next up will be the instructions for the OH-58D exterior set.

I'm also knee deep doing artwork for the 1/48 Su-33 kit as well as shape development for some future releases.

Time, I need more of it...

:cheers:

MiG-29 backdate for the Trumpeter K/M to create a 9-12 Fulcrum.

F-16A vert stab, plus small inlet / P&WA F100 nozzle to create F-16A or ADF from Tamiya Block 50 F-16CJ

Either would be nice

Tony

Phoenix pallets? The Hasegawa F-14 in 1:48 has not only inaccurate Phoenix pallets, but the angles are off so no way will Phoenix missiles actually fit those. Given the longevity of the kit and that it still is the best F-14 in 1:48 there should be a large market for Zactoman to fill:)

Jens