Good to see you here phantom!

... so you posted here yesterday ... is the F-18B done yet? :woot.gif:/>

Pete

Don't be ridiculous, he won't finish til tonight.

Awesome to see the F-18 build. I always thought it was a beautiful plane in NASA garb. I haven't looked but are there any possible phantom builds for this GB as well? Since you could build that in your sleep overnight with one arm behind your back and no instructions OR glue. :woot.gif:

Keep it going!

Bill

Pre painted everything white. Noticed on assembly I was missing one rather important part......The top fuseledge. Had to steal one from a kit in the stash. This could prove a problem in the near future.

DSC_0525-1.jpg

Thanks for the F-4 photos folks. The F-4A is not snazzy enough for me right now, but I might do the USAF white and orange F-4C bailed to NASA someday.

nice progress! thats a hard kit to come by

btw you can buy replacement part from hobbico

edit

wait a minute you had time to build that up with PE and BB pit in that short time :jaw-dropping:

Edited by Neo

No, I decided to forgo the BB pit for another build. I want to do this one canopy down. Only aftermarket one this one (now) will be the decals and maybe the seats.

hey phantom, like all your builds this one's coming together quickly and impressively!

don't want to drag this o/t, but just a quick question that relates to this WIP (and anyone else with experience/opinions, feel free to chime in!):

unless i'm mistaken, this is the 1/72 hornet (hasegawa, as you noted). Are the flaps/slats separate on these kits? If you cut and drop them yourself, can you provide a quick rundown of the way you accomplish this? I have a handful of hornet kits, and i'll want to experiment with dropping the flaps. Obviously this is complicated by the angles of the flap cover, and i've been researching this just looking for techniques.

Huge thanks if you can share your method, and i'll be watching your build with interest!

- joel

Edited by SatelliteChaser

Hi Joel

I am not phantom but I can quickly answer your question on the F-18 kit used. It is the 1/48 scale Hasegawa Phantom. They released this kit in NASA makings in both 1/72 and 1/48.

In regards to the NASA Phantom (which was one of my potential builds for this GB), I wrote an article on the NASA Phantom many moons ago in an early issue of the Phantom magazine "Smoke Trails". an interesting bit of trivia about this aircraft is that the backseater (s) who logged perhaps the most time in the aircraft were frogs! They flew frogs in a container in the backseat to test the effects of weightlessness on living animals. This was done before we had a lot of experience with weightlessness. Also, this Phantom did not get much of a chance to get weathered. It was written off in an accident after only about 13 hours of flight time on its airframe. Maybe that is why NASA was not given any other Phantoms to play with?? :lol:/>

Phantom, great build on the hornet so far!!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:/>

No-o-o-o way-y-y-y ... im-m-m-poss-ible! Nobody's THAT fast!! :hmmm:

Holey schmitt ... you are one speedy builder phantom! And ... it ... does ... look ... good!

That's the way ta go! :clap2:

Pete

Into the Finished Builds it goes ... can you unlock it?

Thanks guys. The decals are your standard EXCELLENT Fighter town style and of course went on perfect. The white is.....Canadian tire automotive out of a big arse can. but with white model master paint for the areas that needed touch up with the airbrush. Then some weathering and a coat of Future.