My father has passed away!

On Tuesday afternoon my dad suffered a massive heart attack and died. It was a total shock to me hearing over the phone to come to the hospital because he had died. I always knew this day would eventually come because death is a part of life, but I still dreaded it.

My dad was my hero and my role model. Dad was a retired LTC in the US Army, a Vietnam vet and was the chief of police of Walton, Ky for 13 years. I always wanted to be like him. We shared a lot of things in common because of that, including modeling. He never was a big detailer, but just put them together and painted them. I remember one time, I walked in on him while he was building a monogram 1/48 scale B-17G. My life will forever be changed because he's gone. I'll always cherish my memories of him and I will meet him again someday in heaven!

I love you Dad and I miss you!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Condolences man. Sometimes life- and death- really suck. On the very bright side, you obviously loved your father, which not everyone can say. I loved my Dad, but I know of many who didn't . You and I are the lucky ones. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My dad died back in '05 in a similar manner.

I too picked up model building from him...I didn't touch a model for about 6 months after. My wife said to me one day..."You know, he'd be pissed if he saw you not enjoying your hobby..." and that got me back at.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

One day you'll be able to say this.

Sorry for your loss, but be happy about the time you did spend with him, some people never had a dad to know...

Heart felt condolences. I lost my Dad to an unexpected heart attack when I was just in my early teens.

Deepest sympathies.

Don.

My condolences to you, your family and his friends, may God grant you solace, and help you thru this most difficult time, and may your father rest in eternal peace. My prayers for all concerned.

My condolences to you & yours Tim. I lost mine 12 years gone now. Even though I had the luxury of knowing it was time, I miss him still. Like you I know the time will come when we meet again. Stay strong in the love & caring of so many in your life.

Steve,

Tim, what you wrote about your father is a really great tribute to an obviously great dad! Sincere condolences, of course, and know that you only really lose someone when you stop missing them every damn day...

Best from us all. :salute:

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. The past few days have been I guess surreal in that it still hasn't quite hit me that dad is gone. The viewing is tomorrow and the burial will be in full military honors as well as police honors on Saturday and I'm sure that's when it will finally hit home that dad is indeed gone.

Pray for the family and especially my mom. They were married for 55 years and now mom will be without her husband and best friend!

I know time heals all wounds, but it tears me apart inside when I see mom break down in tears over dad.

Tim