Coming soon from fündekals - 1/72 Vulcans!

Following on the heels of our very successful 1/144 version, we decided to take the plunge and upscale our Vulcan decal to 1/72 for the venerable (yes, 31 years old this year!) Airfix kit. All the same choices as on the 1/144 version, allowing you to build virtually any B.Mk.2 that ever flew. You'll be able to build several aircraft off of the sheet, and full stencil data is included for both the white and camouflaged versions (two variations of the latter).

They're at the printer now, but we don't have a firm date or price yet, so keep an eye peeled on our web site for updates.

www.fundekals.com

Please spread the word to our brothers across the sea!

Fundekals_2014_01a.jpg

Fundekals_2014_01b.jpg

Feel free to re-post!

Wow... part of me is excited about such an interesting sheet... but part of me can't believe the dripping irony here, where a manufacturer could later cry "1/72nd doesn't sell" and fail to look in at their own failure at self promotion! huh.gif

Wow... part of me is excited about such an interesting sheet... but part of me can't believe the dripping irony here, where a manufacturer could later cry "1/72nd doesn't sell" and fail to look in at their own failure at self promotion! huh.gif

See above.

Actually the ultimate irony would be Trumpeter releasing a new tool Vulcan..lol.

But hopefully your plan involves Airfix popping out a new tool Vulcan as well...or at least Great Wall bumping up the 144th kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I'd much rather see Airfix do a new Vulcan to match the quality of their Javelin. Lord only knows how bad Trumpet Boss or Kitty Kat would screw it up.

Airfix have done some really nice work the last two years be great to see a retool Vulcan.

That little 72nd Lightning they just popped is gorgeous..

Btw your Vulcan decals are gorgeous.

Buffs please!!!

As much as I would like to see a new re-tooled Vulcan from Airfix I would imagine it would not happen. Looking at the re-tooled kits recently, nothing has been that big or did I miss something. From what I recall, the new kits have all been small jets or props.

Now having said that, a new 1/48 Vulcan from Airfix would really be nice for me. With the likes of the Sea Vixen and Javelin being released my hopes live :)

As much as I would like to see a new re-tooled Vulcan from Airfix I would imagine it would not happen. Looking at the re-tooled kits recently, nothing has been that big or did I miss something. From what I recall, the new kits have all been small jets or props.

Now having said that, a new 1/48 Vulcan from Airfix would really be nice for me. With the likes of the Sea Vixen and Javelin being released my hopes live :)/>

I believe Airfix's new tool Lancaster (3 different boxings so far) is somewhat "big" Chris but I'm inclined to agree that a new Vulcan will not be next on their list. As to one in 1/48 scale if you need a new coffee table just go to Ikea :whistle:

I wouldn't bet against a re-tooled Vulcan. If it were as nice as their Javelin I'd do a happy dance for sure!

As long as their old tool 1/72 kits makes them money they won't tool a new kit. The old mold is paid for.

As long as their old tool 1/72 kits makes them money they won't tool a new kit. The old mold is paid for.

The Gnat was still selling fine in it's original, 1960's tooling form when the new one was released, the Hawk has seen *TWO* new 1/72nd tools in the last seven or eight years to replace the 1970's tool, which was still selling and still in the catalogue. Spitfire Mk.1? Released in 1977, still in the catalogue and selling in droves when the 2009 new tool came along. Precious few of Airfix's new tooling decisions are based on the old tool being unusable and/or no longer making them money.

The Gnat was still selling fine in it's original, 1960's tooling form when the new one was released, the Hawk has seen *TWO* new 1/72nd tools in the last seven or eight years to replace the 1970's tool, which was still selling and still in the catalogue. Spitfire Mk.1? Released in 1977, still in the catalogue and selling in droves when the 2009 new tool came along. Precious few of Airfix's new tooling decisions are based on the old tool being unusable and/or no longer making them money.

This smaller kits I can see them selling more often though, I'd love to see a new tooling of the Vulcan, with the price of tooling these days I just can't see it.

I hope I am wrong though.

There are very few British types that would almost guarantee a perpetual return on investment, the Vulcan being one. If they did tool a new kit, they'd be crazy not to tool it as a B.1/B.2. Easily done using CAD design. Fingers crossed.

I certainly would not rule out Airfix from releasing a new tooled 1/72 Vulcan, you only have to see what Corgi have got in their range and as both Airfix and Corgi are owned by Humbrol, who knows

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/the-aviation-archive/post-war--modern-military/aa27201-avro-vulcan-b2-xh558-vulcan-to-the-sky-return-to-flight-october-2007/

Edited by Kev67

There are very few British types that would almost guarantee a perpetual return on investment, the Vulcan being one. If they did tool a new kit, they'd be crazy not to tool it as a B.1/B.2. Easily done using CAD design. Fingers crossed.

Model companies are not as smart as us though.

It would be a total no-brainer for Tamiya or Hasegawa (what have they done lately) to tool a 1/48 T-33. Is a T-33 at the top of most request lists? Not at all, but based on the number of countries that flew them and the possible decal options I am certain it would be a surprise hot seller.