Trumpeter New tool 1/48 A-37 "Dragon fly" Testshots

I am not responsible for the evaluation panels

Who is ? I'm sure that many people would like to apply so that silly errors could be avoided (HB Super Tucano pre-production aircraft belly for example).

The distance between the base of the IFR probe and the nose surface seems too big IMHO.

a37ifr.JPG

The fuel pipes fairing is perhaps too narrow too but a front photo would be necessary to be sure. A side view would be useful too to be sure about the fairing height.

Reference used: http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/a-37/images/fidae_a-37b_03.jpg

Edited by Laurent

The entire fuel probe & piping are far too thick and heavy. The strakes along side the nose look more like bilge keels on a battleship.

Typical Trumpeter. It literally takes five seconds looking at a pic of the real thing to see what they've screwed up (for starters). Why people keep spending money on this stuff is beyond me.

Keeping my Monogram kit, thanks.

Why people keep spending money on this stuff is beyond me.

In many cases it is the absolute lack of choice...

Their Super Tucano, what is the alternative? Resin kits? I still prefer a plastic kit with some errors that a supposedly correct resin kit.

Edited by FCM
Their Super Tucano, what is the alternative? Resin kits? I still prefer a plastic kit with some errors that a supposedly correct resin kit.

True yet it would be better if someone checked the designer's work before any tooling is made.

Good front view: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Dominican-Republic--/Cessna-OA-37B-Dragonfly/0738572/L/

53402559201403222325582507945924100_000.jpg

... vs...

IMG_3211.png

Edited by Laurent

Why people keep spending money on this stuff is beyond me.

not everyone cares about accuracy.

anyways, the refueling probe is way off. way too fat and sits to high.

does it use the same FM622 whip antenna has the skyraider?

Edited by randypandy831

not everyone cares about accuracy.

Yep, a LOT of people only care that it is NEW, and it has recessed panel lines, so it HAS to be better. <_<

Like others have said, I will keep my Monogram & Encore 1/47 A-37 kits.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

I have to say it looks pretty good,I have poured over the A-37 and T-37s for years and it looks like it wasn't done by the same team that did the T-38. The only thing i see wrong it around the exhaust pipe. I don't know the right way to describe it, Above the opening for the exhaust there is a small hump. Is looks to be a plate, which it correct for the T-37. On the A-37 the exhaust pipe is is larger the protrudes out at the spot.

I have to say it looks pretty good,I have poured over the A-37 and T-37s for years and it looks like it wasn't done by the same team that did the T-38. The only thing I see wrong it around the exhaust pipe. I don't know the right way to describe it, Above the opening for the exhaust there is a small hump. Is looks to be a plate, which it correct for the T-37. On the A-37 the exhaust pipe is is larger the protrudes out at the spot.

Wouldn't it be ironic if when Trumpeter screws this one up and it turns out to be a fairly accurate T-37 dressed up with A-37 bits? :D/> Unfortunately, for those of us waiting for a T-37, the intakes and the belly around the engines look pretty A-37-like.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

Meh. I'll keep my Monogram kits, too.

Ben

Now the fuel probe didn't catch my eye, but what did see was the low level of detail. Just doesn't look like it should for modern tooling. I wanted a 1/32 scale kit anyway, I must confess. I suppose one could spend double the kit price, and maybe make it better. Been nice if GWH had of tackled this job, as they'd have done it really well. This hurts as I've always felt the A37 as one of my all time favorites. Of course somebody like Academy could have scaled up their 1/72 kit, or Tamiya or ZM could do a high tech 1/32 scale version as it should have been done in the first place.

gary

• 4 weeks later...