Trumpeter New tool 1/48 A-37 "Dragon fly" Testshots

• 1 month later...

That's something I enjoy about forums: a new kit is shown (for the first time?) and various folk point out the inaccuracies, then someone who has/had involvement with the real article comes along and says it's not so bad....the nit-picking seems to dry up :thumbsup:

It looks like a pretty good representation of an A-37. I probably won't get one myself, but I'm sure others will be happy to.

hoping someone will do a resin replacement for the refueling probe.

What about a resin replacement for the rest of the kit while they're at it. No major advance over the 25 year old Monogram kit whatsoever that I can see.

What about a resin replacement for the rest of the kit while they're at it. No major advance over the 25 year old Monogram kit whatsoever that I can see.

I agree, I'll buy one, but I still love the old Monogram kit. I always make sure I had one in the stash.

In New Jersey, ahead of Lucky Model??????

Trumpeter and Hobby Boss produce for the export market essentially. The Super Tucano arrived initially in Squadron then, a number of weeks later, in Lucky Model.

Edited by Laurent

I got mine yesterday. It's Legit.

Side note. My kit arrived damaged but it was USPS's Fault. the box was wet and crushed.

I contacted mega Hobby and they are sending me a new one!

Mi haven't been able to give it a thorough inspection but aside from it having recessed panel lines, I don't see a bit improvement over the revelogram.

Also this is the A version so it does not include the IFR probe and the nose tip is different.

I'm going to try fitting the encore resins and PE into it see how the fit is.

I like most anything with straight wings. I like the A-37 and I think it's commendable that Trumpeter came out with a newly tooled one. I have not seen their kit up close so I can only hope that it's a fair representation of the A-37. If it is, then great. If it's riddled with flaws, then that's too bad. I hope there's more good about it than bad.

I think I saw it available for something like $46 (give or take) if I'm not mistaken. It's great if you can swing it but, all in all, I'm so glad I picked up the Monogram kit for $10 last month.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Instructions are up:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10268960

Jari

with a few exceptions it looks like its got the same break down as the Monogram kit. I guess there was no reason to re-invent the wheel here. I noticed the lack of the refueling prob, but I'm sure there will be another boxing with it in it. I don't like the fact the antenna hump is molded on the spine, I would ave liked it to be separate. But it looks nice and I may get one. But I'm not going to stop buying the Monogram kit either.

• 3 weeks later...

In-box review

A-37 review

Stephen

Aside from the pictures, there is absolutely nothing of use in this "review". I wish Cybermodeler would step up their game just a bit.

Probably a silly question - I'm much more interested in the T-37, than the A-37A which only saw very limited production. How involved would it be to convert this kit to a T-37? I know you'd have to cut off the tip tanks, fabricate new wingtips, remove the minigun ports and sand away that antenna "hump" on the top of the fuselage but is that it?

Of course as soon as I were to finish, Trumpy would have a T-37 kit on the street.

...How involved would it be to convert this kit to a T-37?...Of course as soon as I were to finish, Trumpy would have a T-37 kit on the street.

So...what are you waiting for? Get on it already. The sooner you start the sooner those of us in the market for an OOB T-37 will have one :woot.gif: !

Just kidding of course... :lol:

Cheers!

I wish Cybermodeler would step up their game just a bit.

Michael runs a great web site, but I don't recall him meeting any sponsored kit that he hasn't liked. He's excellent for social introductions, but the actual dance takes place here.

Gene K