Restock Of The A-7 Set?

On 11/5/2016 at 3:54 AM, fasteagle12 said:

The status is the same as it was in January.  Anybody heard any other news about the set?

2016 turned out to be a rough year for Zactomodels and my family.

My daughter is now seemingly stable. My wife is now free of breast cancer and her reconstructive surgery is almost healed. My mother is hanging in there and hopefully recovering.

Because of all of these issues I wasn't able to release any new products which is a necessity for a small business like mine to survive.

I think I might have a solution to my vacuumforming issues and had hoped to do some testing but had to delay. This is now a high-priority so that I can get my two best selling products (A-7 and Su-27 canopies) back on the market.

I still need a few weeks before I can do any testing. I'll post updates about my progress.

If/when I do re-release the canopy it will be sold as a separate product and just include the nosecone.

The intake correction (corrected lip and adapter for the kit provided duct) will be released as a separate product in the very near future.

I will likely only re-release the seamless intake if the canopy problem is resolved.

On 12/31/2016 at 11:52 PM, Colin K said:

Another vote for 1/48, for both single and dual seat Hobbyboss Corsairs!

If I can solve the vacuumforming issue I will certainly consider these, but... I have a 1/32 two-seat Flanker pattern waiting to be finished first (as well as a 1/32 F-16 MCID intake and a couple of other small projects that are almost finished).

:cheers:

Thanks for the updates.   A lot of us here are watching your site for any changes. Last year was a rough one for you and your family.  As many have said, you have to take care of your family first.  I know everyone here hopes that this year will be a great one for you.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, just some words to tell "thank you" to Chris. My A7 correction was ordered a few days ago and delivered today from Chris' small town in Idaho to my small town in France. 

Best regards to Chris and ARCers

On 2/27/2017 at 8:42 AM, Lucatonii said:
I know this my look silly but you never know :) 

Pretty nice machine, thanks for sharing it.

My problem isn't my machine, though I might just add a temperature regulator after seeing the video. My problem has been with the plastic and the material I made my tools from.

Haven't given up yet but haven't done experiments for a few weeks...

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2017 at 10:54 AM, Neo said:

Is there a reason why you want to wait for the vac form to be fixed before you re release the seamless intake? 

The seamless intake was a difficult to cast, high-reject, low-profit (huge expensive mold) part. Sold by itself it's just not worth the trouble to me. Sold with the other parts it was a bonus to the modelers (and extra work for me, though it did reduce the profit margin).

5 hours ago, crowe04 said:

Any word on when the A-7 canopy will be available again?

My initial tests all failed and then I got interrupted and side-tracked with other stuff.

I'm going to get my original vac patterns back and give it one last try. I'll update when I have news...

• 1 month later...

Here's some potentially good news. 

I just bought a Zacto A-7 set from the secondary market, obviously for more than Chris would sell it for.

What that means, with the way my luck usually goes, is that Chris will solve his canopy problem and have the set for sale again within six months.

At least we can hope so. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 1:54 PM, Anders_Isaksson said:

Sorry for asking if I missed the memo but will the complete correction set (including the vac canopy) be available again?

I understand there was som technical issues with the canopy section, but still thought I should ask.

The set was discontinued due to problems making the clear vacformed canopy parts (near 100% failure rate).

I have since done some experimentation that failed.

I haven't had time to stay on top of this, but haven't given up.

I'm expecting a package in the mail any day now and will be trying again when it arrives. Keep your fingers crossed...

On 16/11/2017 at 1:23 PM, Zactoman said:

The set was discontinued due to problems making the clear vacformed canopy parts (near 100% failure rate).

I have since done some experimentation that failed.

I haven't had time to stay on top of this, but haven't given up.

I'm expecting a package in the mail any day now and will be trying again when it arrives. Keep your fingers crossed...

Can you share what is coming in the box? :)

• 4 months later...
On 11/18/2017 at 7:00 PM, Zactoman said:

Other than "packaging material" the other contents are classified as "proprietary information"... :rolleyes:

Hey Chris...any news on the progress of the canopy?  I picked up your intake and would love to get the canopy to go with it.  I'm not getting any younger and at some point I'm going to have to start the kit, with or without it (but I'm really hoping with it).  Keep us informed.  Thanks

Hi Chris, Not sure if this will make a differance but hey here goes. I too have just this kit and although adding the intake would be an improvement, I'd really like to go the whole nine yards and add the intake, seamless intake/compressor face and canopy.

You older sets seem very hard to get so should I hold out for the forecasted new release?

Cheers Ian.

• 2 months later...