otis252

Restock Of The A-7 Set?

85 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2017 at 8:52 AM, Colin K said:

Another vote for 1/48, for both single and dual seat Hobbyboss Corsairs!

Count me in !!!

On 11/5/2016 at 3:54 AM, fasteagle12 said:

The status is the same as it was in January.  Anybody heard any other news about the set?

2016 turned out to be a rough year for Zactomodels and my family.

My daughter is now seemingly stable. My wife is now free of breast cancer and her reconstructive surgery is almost healed. My mother is hanging in there and hopefully recovering.

Because of all of these issues I wasn't able to release any new products which is a necessity for a small business like mine to survive.

I think I might have a solution to my vacuumforming issues and had hoped to do some testing but had to delay. This is now a high-priority so that I can get my two best selling products (A-7 and Su-27 canopies) back on the market.

I still need a few weeks before I can do any testing. I'll post updates about my progress.

If/when I do re-release the canopy it will be sold as a separate product and just include the nosecone.

The intake correction (corrected lip and adapter for the kit provided duct) will be released as a separate product in the very near future.

I will likely only re-release the seamless intake if the canopy problem is resolved.

On 12/31/2016 at 11:52 PM, Colin K said:

Another vote for 1/48, for both single and dual seat Hobbyboss Corsairs!

If I can solve the vacuumforming issue I will certainly consider these, but... I have a 1/32 two-seat Flanker pattern waiting to be finished first (as well as a 1/32 F-16 MCID intake and a couple of other small projects that are almost finished).

:cheers:

Thanks for the updates.   A lot of us here are watching your site for any changes. Last year was a rough one for you and your family.  As many have said, you have to take care of your family first.  I know everyone here hopes that this year will be a great one for you.  

Great news indeed! I'm in for 2 sets. Thanks.

Chuck

I know this my look silly but you never know :) 

Chris...any updates on the canopy/nose set?

Hello, just some words to tell "thank you" to Chris. My A7 correction was ordered a few days ago and delivered today from Chris' small town in Idaho to my small town in France. 

Best regards to Chris and ARCers

I received my intake update set in record time too, but I don't want to start without the canopy/nose update set.

On 2/27/2017 at 8:42 AM, Lucatonii said:
I know this my look silly but you never know :) 

Pretty nice machine, thanks for sharing it.

My problem isn't my machine, though I might just add a temperature regulator after seeing the video. My problem has been with the plastic and the material I made my tools from.

Haven't given up yet but haven't done experiments for a few weeks...

:cheers:

Hi Chris

Is there a reason why you want to wait for the vac form to be fixed before you re release the seamless intake? 

Just curious