The F-104 "missile with a man in it" is my favorite jet aircraft. Seems like every kit maker has an F-104 and I have only built the Testors kit. How does the Hasegawa kit rate? Looking forward to this build. Love the big honkin' engine!

The 1/48 Hasegawa is the best out there bar none. The 1/48 Hasegawa is even better then the 1/32 Hasegawa.

Coming along. Found the (what I think) is the correct resin seat in a started kit I picked up recently.

DSC_0539.jpg

Did some research. All the photos seem to show the Canadian style bang seat as opposed to the German one. So......the completed seat goes back in the parts bin and I will start the correct seat should I get time tomorrow.

Phantom, your Starfighter is looking great so far! I am blown away on how fast you can go from the build to the multi-color paint step. I tend to wait a week between painting and masking to let things fully dry. Your work is really impressive!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:/>

Yes, even after the decal coat. The Yellow NASA flaked badly and needed paint touch up. The NASA symbol folded over itself on both sides and refused to stay on the model no matter how much decal set/sol was applied. Had to use future under it as a damp glue source. THen more future on top to lock it in place.