Awesome job Phantom! Perfectly executed and nice and clean like most NASA birds are.

Yeah, sorry we didn't have the completed builds folder set up sooner. I forget that we have some guys that can crank out finished models about as fast as they breath. So at this rate you'll have what 10 or so builds finished by the deadline! :woot.gif:

I look forward to your other builds.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Great build and fast to top it off. Just curious, I know you get these suckers done fast, but if you had to break it into hours, approximately how many hours do you have in builds such as these? I am impressed to say the least.

Ok everyone else, the gauntlet has been thrown and the bar has been set...Let's get to building! (Of course I have no room to talk as being a glacial pace builder myself)

Bill

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my Dragon 1/72 Gemini space capsule. The build thread is:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=275686&st=0&gopid=2639657entry2639657

I had a lot of fun with this build. The kit goes together really well and I added a few doo dads like thruster tubes and guitar wire for the oxygen hose. I hope you like it.

Tom

image_zps05e6889b.jpg

Here's my Dragon 1/72 Gemini space capsule. The build thread is:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=275686&st=0&gopid=2639657entry2639657

I had a lot of fun with this build. The kit goes together really well and I added a few doo dads like thruster tubes and guitar wire for the oxygen hose. I hope you like it.

Tom

image_zps05e6889b.jpg

Wow! Tom, very nice job on this model!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 1/72 Meng F-102A. NASA decals were produced by Fundekals. Kit went together well, except for the canopy, wanted to build it with it raised, but the extender mechanism had the canopy sitting way too high when installed, so I built it closed.

Hope you like the photos.

003_zps988d278e.jpg

006_zps838c9868.jpg

011_zps4b7117a2.jpg

015_zpsfa8819fd.jpg

016_zps9380b985.jpg

017_zps9f567feb.jpg

021_zps11f71785.jpg

023_zps31ac62d0.jpg

QT

Great job guys! Thank you all for participating. I'll call this a successful group build even if everyone didn't finish. I look forward to the next space group build. I will be drawing names for the raffle and announce the winners shortly. Stay tuned.

Bill

Great job...as always Pete! Thanks again for helping out. There may not have been a ton of builds for this venture, but the quality of them is WAAAY up there. I think it's been a great success. And yes, I can say that even though I myself didn't complete anything for the build. I didn't want surprise anyone and actually finish in time. That just wouldn't be right. :woot.gif:

Bill

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone! Well, better late than never! I realized that I forgot to add the photos of my completed build to this thread. Here's my NASA C-47 as it now sits on the shelf:

NASA%20R4D5%2072_076_MJI02012015%20Large.jpg

NASA%20R4D5%2072_077_MJI02012015%20Large.jpg

NASA%20R4D5%2072_081_MJI02012015%20Large.jpg

NASA%20R4D5%2072_082_MJI02012015%20Large.jpg

Thanks for the great GB, I had fun (on spite of the frustrations in completing this model! :bandhead2:/>/> )

Have fun modeling

Mike

:cheers:/>/>