Hi,

This will be my build, an ancient Hase Mustang, raised line, mold dated back to 70's...should be fun to build this old girl..

Don't know which marking yet as I don't have any RAAF decal on hand, maybe 77 sqn..mask and spray ..let see..

P51-01_zpsa3a18b26.jpg

starting soon..

Hi,

This will be my build, an ancient Hase Mustang, raised line, mold dated back to 70's...should be fun to build this old girl..

I've got one I'm planning to hack about a bit, so am interested in watching this. It certainly looks dated next to the new Airfix ones, but also not bad/terrible for it's era.

Thanks guys...

Anyway, I painted the interior with interior green..surprised to see the cockpit was quite ok for this old kit, I usually get just a seat and empty pit for kit from this era...however, mold do shown it age, some clean up to do and anticipates some fitting problem too..More later

P51_02_zps2d16ca4e.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Major assembly done, fitting is not too great for this old kit, all the mating surface have extra materials that needed to be trim, could b3 due to mould erosion after so many years in use..

Anyway, I painted and mask the SEAC roundels, next to mask the fuselage codes and paint..

P51d_4464_zps3c29d1d9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Patrick..

and now this is consider done...it have been an enjoyable build despide the age of the kit..

RAAF 77 Squadron

Labuan Island June 1945

P-51D_1602_zpsed0200a9.jpg

P-51D_1604_zps23360294.jpg

P-51D_1603_zps2e20a05f.jpg

and a group photo with another 77 Sqn Avon Sabre from different era..

P-51D_1606_zps06fe2367.jpg

thanks for watching..

Excellent model. :thumbsup: Congratulations on completing. I would like to know how you upgraded the vertical stabilizer and elevators. How did you get the "tissue effect" on them? i would be very gratefull if you share with technology of making such effects.

Thanks guys..

Memphis, I did not do anything to upgrade the kit, the "tissue effect" came molded on the kit...I guess, there’s something good about the older kit afterall..:)