Thunderbirds C-123 Coming Soon from fündekals!

If only there were a decent T-33 kit...

wait-for-it_zpsb0161eb1.jpg

Wait... for... it....

The slide isn't dated, nor are the others with F-84Gs. It is in Springfield, Illinois at the 170th FS. The 84s have the style of flag panel that started use in Oct. 1954, but the nice green grass and short sleeves tells me this isn't Illinois in October. Likely late spring, summer of 1955. The T-33 marking isn't shown in "Diamonds in The Sky" either. But I have seen it somewhere else before. Darn memory.

Rick L.

I'm actually a little nervous about the lack of response to the Thunderbirds C-123. For all the ballyhooing about the lack of 1/72 decals, the response thus far has been underwhelming I must say. The proof will be in the pudding.

Having your 102 decals I have money waiting for these.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
  • 1 year later...

They are not available yet. There being, universally, only 24 hours in any given day, I simply have not had time to finish the artwork. Doing scallops like that is ****VERY**** tedious work (assuming you want them to fit the model), and I'm a full time grad student spending lots of hours away from home working in the OR at the moment. There's zero percent chance they'll be done before sometime in the autumn this year at the earliest. Doing the profile/plan view of the airplane was the easy part.

As for the C-119: no

Warbird Decals makes a sheet for the Thunderbirds C-119. I've got a copy, and they look pretty well printed. I can't vouch for the usability of them, though, until I actually build the model.

http://warbirddecals-com.myshopify.com/products/warbird-decals-c-119f-usaf-thunderbirds-support-plane-decals-1-72-010-no-instructions

The sheet is going to take a couple of solid days of effort just to get all the shapes drawn, then the layout done, instruction sheet done, etc, etc. I don't have whole days to devote to much of anything right now. A couple of minutes now and then to save my sanity, but that's about it.

That looks pretty awesome Jennings. I am not normally a 1/72nd builder but these multi prop aircraft are big enough for me. That C-123 also has some wonderful schemes out there and this Thunderbirds one sure is pretty.

It will be interesting to see ho the decals work out since they sure looks like some big ones. Hmm, maybe a combination mask/decal set would be an option Jennings?

• 9 months later...

Coming soon for the new Roden kit in 1/72. No plans for other scales/kits at the moment, but stay tuned!

:)/>/>

J

Looks awesome! But if you make a 1/144 C-17 I'll buy at least 3!! Or...if a 72nd C-17 is coming I'll buy 3 of those too!

Paul

• 1 year later...

I don't think fündekals:) ever proceeded further on the T-Bird Provider. However, Warbird decals did two decal sheets for the 1/72 C-123. I was impressed with the fit of most of the items on the sheet, while a few gave me trouble and the U.S. AIR FORCE on the side of the nose were undersized - I found ones more the correct size in my spares pile. Here's how it looks:

C-123B-T-Bird2_zps5tnjza36.jpg

C-123B-T-Bird_zpswrzim5uz.jpg

Here's a link to the Warbird sheet for this 1960-'61 version:

https://warbirddecals-com.myshopify.com/products/usaf-thunderbirds-c-123-provider-1960-61-decals-1-72-035

And to the other sheet for the less-colorful 1958 bird:

https://warbirddecals-com.myshopify.com/products/usaf-thunderbirds-c-123-provider-decals-1958-version-1-72-036