Trumpeter 1/32 Su-27B

Hi all. I've been a member of ARC for some time but never posted anything here except for a few random comments. I returned to the hobby in 2008 after being off the styrene for almost 10 yrs and although my time is very limited for this pass-time (1 or 2 days out of the week) I've managed to put together some kits which I want to start sharing little by little here at the ARC forum. I submitted today the info for the gallery section and it says that in about 3 to 4 weeks should be up for watching...ok with me. In the mean time I want to share a few pics of that first model a submitted for the gallery section, that is, the Trumpeter 1/32 Su-27b. I'm a big fan of large scale kits. I used to build just 1/48 and still have some in their boxes but my priority are the big bears. Ok, too much talking for a first timer, so, off to the words and on to the pics. Kind regards to all btw.

Su-27B_zpse20ce14a.jpg

Su-27B_29.jpg

Su-27B_28.jpg

Su-27B_24.jpg

Su-27B_21.jpg

Su-27B_20.jpg

Su-27B_16.jpg

Su-27B_06.jpg

Well, those are some of the pics of this wonderful jet, one of my favorites. The build was not too bad despite some inaccuracies of the kit in comparison to the actual jet. A few challenges here and there but in the end very rewarding. There'll be many more available in the gallery when available.

Thank you for passing by.

Edited by jj264

very nicely done there! Great way to introduce your work too!

Your paint work is awesome and for a moment there at the first pic, I thought it was a reference pic ! Kudos to you :)

Look forward to seeing more of your work around here

MH

JJ!

OUTSTANDING build..

Your Su 27B is STUNNING, And looking very IMPECCABLE and IMMACULATE.

:worship::worship::worship:

I liked it a lot. Thank you for sharing...AND WELCOME to ARC..

:wave:

Edited by HOLMES

Awesome work. I would love to know more about any aftermarket parts. used, paints, techniques, etc.

Making a Flanker at the moment and this is great motivation.

Thanks for the nice comment. Well, no After Market used at all, everything was OOB. The kit has some inaccuracies when compared to the real jet but to be honest, I didn't care, despite the fact that there's AM stuff to correct it but following that line could be pricey. I try to keep the hobby in a balance, I mean, my priorities are to have the right tools and I get them in as much as I can for one simple reason: the right tools save time...simple as that (imho). Once I have what I need, then I move to what I want. I select the models I want to build and keep my stash low. Twenty years + in this hobby have taught me a bitter lesson: it's very addictive and can spiral out of control in a blink of an eye, specially with today's technology and with the kits that are hitting the market...my goodness...that savings account can run anorexic at any minute. I got to a point that I had 2 closets loaded with kits and the worst part, I started to suffer from severe DKWTB disease (Don't Know What To Build), not to mention that I had boxes with started kits wherever there was an empty space in the house and that was having a counter effect on me: killing my motivation from seeing so much unfinished work. So I put a foot on the brake pedal, sold all the kits I knew were more unlikely to be built, reduced my stash to my 10 favorites (about) and that's where I try to keep things at.

Well, sorry for the long story just to comment on your posting. As I said, no AM stuff. I painted this kit with Vallejo Model Air and Tamiya paints (my favorites), unfortunately I cannot give you exact colors as they were the result of color combinations given that I didn't have the paints suggested and my budget was low at the time so I played with blue, light ghost gray, white, black and green. For the metal parts (engines) I used Alclad II Aluminum. steel, magnesium, hot metal blue and Model Master gunmetal. Here's a pic of the engines during the painting process:

Su_27B_72.jpg

There's a lot more to say in regard of the build so, since you're building a Flanker, if you have any specific question, just post it and I'll be more than willing to answer it to the best of my knowledge. Again, thank you B)/>

To all the others that have posted comments, thank you all for the encouraging words. I'll be posting soon here in the "Display Case" section another 2 builds: The 1/32 Revell Apache that I converted to the Israeli Apache "PETEN" and that I love (is one of my favorite builds) and also the 1/32 Revell Mig 29A Fulcrum, so, stay tuned :thumbsup:

JJ,

Simply a truly outstanding OOB build. And there's nothing wrong with that. I try to do that myself, and add details that I make. The only exceptions are the seats when needed. Your painting, decaling, an weathering are just near on perfect. Your photographic skills really helped to present your build in a most positive manner.

Like you, in previous times my stash became a huge issue, both for the ever growing space it needed, and it's consumption of funds. Especially when it was growing way faster then the rate I was building models at. This time, I keep my stash to a max of 12 no matter what. Honestly, 99% of the models I must have, I can buy later at a discount.

Looking forward to your next build.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

JJ,

Simply a truly outstanding OOB build. And there's nothing wrong with that. I try to do that myself, and add details that I make. The only exceptions are the seats when needed. Your painting, decaling, an weathering are just near on perfect. Your photographic skills really helped to present your build in a most positive manner.

Like you, in previous times my stash became a huge issue, both for the ever growing space it needed, and it's consumption of funds. Especially when it was growing way faster then the rate I was building models at. This time, I keep my stash to a max of 12 no matter what. Honestly, 99% of the models I must have, I can buy later at a discount.

Looking forward to your next build.

Joel

Your words are much appreciated, Joel. And you're doing the right thing in regard of the stash as piling up in "kits to build" has a ricochet effect that in many cases counters the real purpose of the hobby (frustration instead of fun). I'll soon post some more of my builds. Kind regards :cheers:

JJ, not to mention the look on my wife's face when those boxes just keep on showing up. The smaller ones get a pass as I explain to her that there either needed supplies or detailing parts. It's the big boxes with a model or two that earns me her now famous look of " Oh no, not another one !!".

Joel

JJ, not to mention the look on my wife's face when those boxes just keep on showing up. The smaller ones get a pass as I explain to her that there either needed supplies or detailing parts. It's the big boxes with a model or two that earns me her now famous look of " Oh no, not another one !!".

Joel

Thank God for my wife's second shift job as this is the time the deliveries get done around here otherwise I think I'd be selling lemonade at the Sahara desert :(

Thank God for my wife's second shift job as this is the time the deliveries get done around here otherwise I think I'd be selling lemonade at the Sahara desert :(/>

I here that you can make good money doing that ;)/>

Joel

Juan, that's one very sharp looking model!

Adding the Hato International airport terminal of my home island Curacao makes it look so much better :yahoo:/>/>

Oh wow, that's cool information that I'm keeping in my records. I had no clue what Airport it was except the location, which is obvious from the background sign, but didn't know the specific name/location when I created the backdrop.

Thanks for your comment and your info :thumbsup:/>

Edited by jj264