CD48064 - F-100 in Vietnam : Part 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is one that I have been working on for a while - it will be the first in a two-sheet series covering the service of the Hun in Vietnam.

first of all, lets hope we see these sheets in 1/72 and 1/32 as well! But most of all, lets hope we also see to NMF schemes as well!

gary

• 1 month later...

This sheet is on track to be released in late September - I will be posting profiles of a few options as I work on the instructions. "Miss Dial", a Tuy Hoa-based F-100D of 306th TFS, is one of the options on the sheet.

cd48064promo1.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I too will support this effort. Any way we could talk you into Thunderbirds markings to fix the Red, White, and Black Trumpeter F-100F kit sheet? Honestly, they can't even make decals right.....

Rick L.

Edited by Spruemeister

Kursad hi,

Will you be including Kilgus' markings?

Hi Eli,

I have artwork for Don Kilgus' jet, it will be on the second Vietnam F-100 sheet which will have a few marking options in the older, silver scheme. This first sheet has only camouflaged Huns.

• 2 weeks later...

"Darlene's Dear" was a 355th TFS aircraft based at Tuy Hoa.

Note that these are draft profiles that are based on the basic ANG template I used for my earlier ANG F-100 sheets. The practice of leaving the rear fuselage unpainted does not seem to be widespread during the Vietnam era : a camouflaged F-100 during the Vietnam War should have burnt camouflage paint in this area. I will correct this in the production profiles by the time the decals are released in a couple of weeks.

cd48064promo4.jpg

Edited by KursadA

"Darlene's Dear" was a 355th TFS aircraft based at Tuy Hoa.

Note that these are draft profiles that are based on the basic ANG template I used for my earlier ANG F-100 sheets. The practice of leaving the rear fuselage unpainted does not seem to be widespread during the Vietnam era : a camouflaged F-100 during the Vietnam War should have burnt camouflage paint in this area. I will correct this in the production profiles by the time the decals are released in a couple of weeks.

cd48064promo4.jpg

Hi,

More "SP" F-100 .

I have an old decals from Expert Choice...

POssible to have one in 1/32 ?

Cheers

SPang

• 2 weeks later...

The Vietnam F-100 sheet is here. I will enable preorders later tonight. Based on the e-mails I have been getting, I expect this to be fairly popular.

The 9 (all in SEA camouflage) options on the sheet are:

-F-100D 56-3035 "Miss Dial", 306 TFS, Tuy Hoa

-F-100D 56-3053 "El Viejo Cazador", 510 TFS, Bien Hoa

-F-100D 56-3163 "Day Tripper", 308 TFS, Tuy Hoa

-F-100D 56-3456 "Darlene's Dear", 355 TFS, Tuy Hoa

-F-100D 56-2927 "Thor's Hammer", 309 TFS, Tuy Hoa

-F-100D 55-2932 "Nashville Sound", 90 TFS, Bien Hoa

-F-100F 58-1222 Misty FAC "Protester's Protector", 612 TFS Det.1, Phu Cat

-F-100F 56-3764 Misty FAC, Phu Cat

-F-100F 58-1226 (early Wild Weasel)

Plus stencilling and national insignia to build two aircraft.

viet_f100a.jpg

viet_f100b.jpg

viet_f100c.jpg

Edited by KursadA