f-4 Phantom JASDF. 306th. TAC. FTR. SQ. Komatsu base. 1983

This has been the most "challenging" model for me, an amateur, so far, with almos no reference and trying to make it as similar as possible, as the real plane. Now that is finished I'm pretty happy with the result, It has lots of flaws but judging my other models this one is superior IMHO! So I guess my time spent here is paying off little by little! the idea is to get better and through baby steps I'm accomplishing it!

Thank you very much for all those tips dedicated to us, newbies such us myself!

The WIP is HERE in case you wanna take a look

DSC_8593_1_zpsfacd7760.jpg

DSC_8596_1_zps37e41c0e.jpg

DSC_8604_1_zps107d4ea8.jpg

DSC_8611_1_zpsdd4ec412.jpg

DSC_8613_1_zps64fa0106.jpg

DSC_8631__zps9b82d25a.jpg

Painting and decalling are very good/excellent, I also love the way you paintet the pilots.

I can just 1 big mistakes: the missiles. AAM-3 were not even produced neither designe back in 1983 and has never been painted black and white. So my suggestion is to replace them with Sidewinders o (better for 1983) Falcon missiles.

Since this scheme was painted for Air-to-Air gunnery meed I would avoid adding bomb dispensers but that is a personal taste.

I see 2 parts are missing from the cutting edge of the external wings, did you loose them or just forgot to glue in place?

Painting and decalling are very good/excellent, I also love the way you paintet the pilots.

I can just 1 big mistakes: the missiles. AAM-3 were not even produced neither designe back in 1983 and has never been painted black and white. So my suggestion is to replace them with Sidewinders o (better for 1983) Falcon missiles.

Since this scheme was painted for Air-to-Air gunnery meed I would avoid adding bomb dispensers but that is a personal taste.

I see 2 parts are missing from the cutting edge of the external wings, did you loose them or just forgot to glue in place?

Thank you very much for ponting out the mistakes, That's why I post here!! Do you see now what happens when you put a model on a newbie's hands? lol, I had no Idea about the missiles (had to google them :blush: )thanks again, yeah I forgot about the parts on the wings, already in place.

I know my modeling "style" is not focused on acuracy, as it might be, sometimes I do what I can with what I have, sometimes I do it because I like it that way and sometimes because I just have no idea, like in this case. The thing is these models are built for the personal collection I have with my brother, and that's why most of the time I build what-if's.

I really appreciate your remarks cause they are absolutly taken in consideration for next builds, and comming from such great modellers I value them even more! As I stated I'm improving my modeling little by little, step by step, and enjoying the hobby while I'm at it!

Wonderful! I really like it. There are some small details that are not quite right, but why nitpick. Great paintscheme, and a great model.

Edited by Pete

Wonderful! I really like it. There are some small details that are not quite right, but why nitpick. Great paintscheme, and a great model.

I'd love to hear about those small details! how can I improve if they're not pointed out? I'm sure they are going to be useful for the next build

Alright. Since Hasegawa designed these F-4 kits to be modular, you sometimes need to remove smal stuff for a specific version.

Those 3 little bumps on the side of the nose, above and under the 3 of the nose number on the right side and above/under the 7 on the left side, they shouldn't be there on the F-4E. They are radar signal recievers used on the F-4G only.

Those small bumps on top of the wings, just about where the main gear leg is on the underside, also shouldn't be there on the F-4E. These are a US Navy only modification.

Other than that, and what others mentioned, I have no complaints. :) Overall, it is a great model, with an excellent finish.

Alright. Since Hasegawa designed these F-4 kits to be modular, you sometimes need to remove smal stuff for a specific version.

Those 3 little bumps on the side of the nose, above and under the 3 of the nose number on the right side and above/under the 7 on the left side, they shouldn't be there on the F-4E. They are radar signal recievers used on the F-4G only.

Those small bumps on top of the wings, just about where the main gear leg is on the underside, also shouldn't be there on the F-4E. These are a US Navy only modification.

Other than that, and what others mentioned, I have no complaints. :)/> Overall, it is a great model, with an excellent finish.

Noted! thnx

Oh - you have finished it! LOL, I didn't see this thread until after I'd posted in your WIP :doh:

Never mind

It came out beautifully - brilliant example of a very cool scheme

Great work with the decalling too - that would drive me nuts!

MH

• 1 year later...