Thanks for the ride Air Force

The time has finally arrived, I attended my last ever drill this past weekend ( April 5-6 ). Where did the time go ?? 20 years went by so fast. So many memories, great people and good times. I have been places I would have never gotten to on my own, and others I would never wanna go to again. Through it all it was the people I served with that made it all worth it and it is just that, you all that I will miss the most. We were all fortunate enough to have served with THE BEST bunch of people and for that I am grateful. Thank you to everyone who helped me along the way and kept me straight, it was an honor and priveledge to have served with you all and, thanks for your service and sacrifices as well.

Steve

IMG_4053_zpsaa095170.jpg

IMG_4057_zpsfdbf3ef8.jpg

IMG_4056_zpsab8f4067.jpg

Yes, Congrats with your Completion! I finished 21 yrs. but only four were active, the rest reserves so I have to wait until 60 to start pension. As long as the model building keeps me young! Have any plans now? Nice plaques, all I got was regular diploma looking sheet and the flag in a bag… Salute

Interesting to see what you guys get, the signed photo is the same style that we get in the Canadian Airforce.

When I retired a certificate of service with my start and end dates.

I also got a letter and certificate signed by the Prime Minister of Canada.

As well, I got an additional letter and certificate signed by the Premiere of my Province (Alberta). Similar to your governor.

My wife, received the same as the above except it was for the spouse (her) of the member who served (me).

I am fairly sure the PMs signatures are machine generated, but the letter-head and certificates are very nice.

Congrats, enjoy retirement. The hardest hing is wearing civvy clothes daily.

Edited by Scooby

Congratulations on your retirement and thanks for your service. The 30th anniversary of my retirement comes up in about 3 weeks. The retirement time has gone even faster than the 21 years of active service. Civilian life definitely takes some getting used to.

Darwin

Thank you for your service TSgt Czerviski! Well done! As said above you'll miss your reserve family reunions once a month the most. And it will be 5 years before you feel comfortable when your hair touches your ears! Happy new life!

Tom.

Congratulations Sarge!I hear you on how time flies,I did 22 years(4 years active,18 years Indiana ANG)and it didn't seem that long!Once I seen we were going to lose our flying mission I figured it was time to pull the pin and retire on a high note.

I wish you luck in your future endeavours sir!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, much appreciated.

As far as what's next well life will continue as normal except I will have ALL my weekends back. Still have to go to work Monday - Friday but, NO MORE DRILL WEEKENDS.

Work continues on the 1/18th F-14B conversion and I'm getting close to primer.

Steve