CF-116D, CF-5B in metal.

Starting up a CF-116D (F-5B) in mostly natural metal. Most of these airframes were painted aluminium, But there are a couple that had not yet received the paint still in the late 70s.

So start with the new kit, and the Leading edge decals.

DSC_0563-1.jpg

Next comes the detail painting. The CF-116D fleet was indeed PAINTED, but the aluminium paint often came off in areas with wear. showing the natural metal below. That is the look I will be going for.

DSC_0566-1.jpg

In the back ground we have the old Classic airframes model which this new kit is going to replace. It is painted aluminum, but just does not look good enough to remain on my shelf. Might re- putty it and give it an aggressor paint scheme.

That looks real nice. Not a big fan of the natural metal schemes as I am always afraid of screwing them up.

I think I will start my CF-116D in an aggressor 419 Sqn scheme. Got to see them in Cold Lake just before they disbanded (now that was a stupid decision, but what do I know) and they sure looked sharp.

Just picked up the kit too for $28 US plus shipping off of ebay so looking forward to maybe start it when I get it.

Edited by skyhawk174