Too far advanced to be included in the GB proper, but still a NZ/Aus subject (both at once actually) is this Fujimi TA-4 that's been hanging around my bench in an advanced stage of non-completion for a couple of years. It was originally started for the RNZAF 75th Anniversary in 2012, but hit canopy and decal snags then, and again last year when I tried to finish it then. Getting it into a line up of RNZAF Skyhawks for my local model show last weekend, and sorting out the decal woes (if not the canopy, which is still askew and will be replaced with one that actually fits before I claim it as truly finished) provided the impetus to get it mostly finished (on the table standard anyway) last week.

It's the one on the right here, a state it lingered in for too long:

IMG_4514_zps513d4351.jpg

Rescued and Euro-1 ailerons painted to reflect the hybrid RAN/RNZAF scheme this aircraft wore at the time depicted:

IMG_5757s_zps7764baab.jpg

Ailerons then masked up ready to paint the undersides and rudder white:

IMG_5761s_zpsf9be7bb4.jpg

Ailerons still masked, and undersides masked up ready for the grey to go on top:

IMG_5762s_zps6e47461c.jpg

Everything painted and decals applied:

IMG_5763s_zps7cdb3a16.jpg

On it's feet and slats added (along with a replacement slat rail from plastic strip. If you aren't breaking slat rails you aren't building A-4's I've discovered):

IMG_5764s_zpsf6e0a747.jpg

And kind of mostly sort of finished. Replacement canopy and very mild weathering (if any, the real thing was pretty clean) to be applied. It should also have a black 2 Sqn marking on the fin, but I don't have any so it isn't likely to get one:

IMG_5779s_zpsa7334f74.jpg

Edited by Mumbles
  • 2 weeks later...