1/32 Israeli Apache "PETEN"

Hello ARC crew. This is my second posting here at the Display Case and this time I wanted to share my conversion of the old (but still nice to me) 1/32 Revell AH-64 Apache to the Israeli Apache "PETEN". I love the IAF and this is (imho) the best looking attack helicopter (no tomatoes, please). Since this is not a build thread, I'll simply post some of the final reveal pics and I'll walk the extra mile with more details when I get it in the Gallery section. Build took me about 3 months and went through flawlessly, fit was very good for a kit this age with relatively a low parts count. Anyway, don't want to go overboard with the verbose with all there's to say, let's just move to the pics.

Greetings to all B)/>/>/>

This is the real PETEN from the IAF I used for my build along with some other walk-around pics of it:

AH-64A_00.jpg

And this is my conversion of the Revell Apache:

PETEN_01_zps315fc9d0.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

There'll be more pics available at the gallery (when available) along with some build pics. Hope you like it B)/>/>/>

Edited by jj264

JJ, this is looking awesome. I too am a huge fan of IAF and have a almost every AM possible for the Apache that someday I can do Peten. I even bought the Isracast resin conversion in 1/48 and Israpublication book to use as a future reference. So, what's next...1/32 Tzefa?? to go with the Peten :rolleyes:/>

Mike

Thanks fellows for the nice words. Albert, no bragging here but, honestly, I've never seen any Apache conversion to an IAF chopper in 1/32 either. I dreamed of that conversion for quite a while until the day came. In regard of the tanks, as youngtiger1 said, in real life the IAF Apaches use the Balckhawk tanks, problem is, there's none in 1/32, at least I couldn't find any. So I had to go to the blueprints and get the measurements and I remember chatting with someone familiar to the IAF in Israel and I found that, with some mods here and there, the F-18 auxiliary fuel tanks fulfill the purpose, so those are actually a pair of Hornet tanks modified.

Yountiger1, I initially wanted to go for the "SARAF" which is the American Longbow with the tracking device over the rotor, but after studying the differences between the PETEN and the SARAF, the amount of scratch-building in order to get an accurate SARAF is simply insane. Those 2 versions have a lot of differences, so I decided to go for the PETEN. Maybe one day I may venture into it as I have another Apache in the stash, but won't be in a near future.

Thanks again for your comments :thumbsup:/>/>/>

Edited by jj264

JJ, what an outstanding conversion. The finished helicopter is really an outstanding build. Your camo paint scheme matches up to your reference picture quite well.

Joel

Thank you Joel :foof:

Thanks fellows for the nice words. Albert, no bragging here but, honestly, I've never seen any Apache conversion to an IAF chopper in 1/32 either. I dreamed of that conversion for quite a while until the day came. In regard of the tanks, as youngtiger1 said, in real life the IAF Apaches use the Balckhawk tanks, problem is, there's none in 1/32, at least I couldn't find any. So I had to go to the blueprints and get the measurements and I remember chatting with someone familiar to the IAF in Israel and I found that, with some mods here and there, the F-18 auxiliary fuel tanks fulfill the purpose, so those are actually a pair of Hornet tanks modified.

JJ-

Those tanks definitely look the part, kudos to your conversion work. I knew there weren't any 230 gallon UH-60 auxiliary tanks available beyond 1/48 scale, which is why I inquired as to where you got yours in 1/32 scale. Again, nice job on the entire build.

Cheers,

Albert