KH 1/48 F-35C coming in July

I have to ask... where did you get your references for the wing folds and the IFR probe bays? What about the tail hook?

Dunno but 5 min looking at F-35C pics show the wing fold mechanism rather flat instead of a cylinder shape like in their CAD.

F-35C Moonrise

Please, for the love all that's Lightning-ey, NOT separate outer wing panels!

+eleventy-billion!!1!

Have it so it can be fairly easy to cut and separate into two sections, not molded into two pieces.

Same with open avionic panels etc; have them so it can be easily cut out rather than have said panel(s) a separate piece.

+eleventy-billion!!1!

Have it so it can be fairly easy to cut and separate into two sections, not molded into two pieces.

Same with open avionic panels etc; have them so it can be easily cut out rather than have said panel(s) a separate piece.

We can probably forget about that. Companies think they can offer a "better" modeling experience by producing more open panels that are difficult to properly seal up. There's a reason open panel bays are aftermarket and not mainstream.

Concerning the cry for open or closed panels;

Having watched the "New kit" threads for some years now, it strikes me that just 1-2 years ago, there was a big outcry for new models with full engines and openable panels.

Well, Kitty Hawk for one has provided that - and now what happens? Everyone cries for kits without engines and closed panels.

Go figure?

Having watched the "New kit" threads for some years now, it strikes me that just 1-2 years ago, there was a big outcry for new models with full engines and openable panels.

Well, Kitty Hawk for one has provided that - and now what happens? Everyone cries for kits without engines and closed panels.

Go figure?

Interesting; I was out of model building during that time period.

I started model building in 1971. It was until about the mid '80's that I realized that I would rather have everything closed (LG doors, access panels etc) with the ability to easily cut them out/open if I wanted to because it's way cleaner to have said doors and panels closed than to glue them closed.

I do understand that most a/c model builders build with said a/c LG down. But access panels are another thing.

Go figure?

I've read a lot of threads over the years here at ARC and other forums, but the majority were against open panels and full engines that ended up hidden once the model was assembled.

But did they fix the jackass way they molded the tailfins/elevators?

Since the F-35C has different tailfin and elevators than the A/B, they got a chance & I hope they fix that.

Edited by Inquisitor