Incoming 1/48 Mirage III/5 kit

Any more news ?

You'll get updates. Oh and thanks for the great walkarounds :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm sellin' all of my Argentine Air Force 1/48th scale Finger 'n' Dagger resin conversion sets by Ricardo Dacoba I've got left + Aerocalcas/Condor decals for each type.

I'd keep the Finger conversions and associated decals at the moment. I'm not quite sure that Kinetic can afford to cover all possible versions and upgrades that ever existed.

Edited by ModelPeek

Belgian,chilean (and i think those from Gabon) mirages have a different keel that has a tail hook, shape is very different

Pakistani Mirage 5PA2/PA3 too? They seem to have the belgian Mirage 5 keel and the Chilean Mirage 50C nose.

Certainly, yeh... Looks like I'm sellin' all of my Argentine Air Force 1/48th scale Finger 'n' Dagger resin conversion sets by Ricardo Dacoba I've got left + Aerocalcas/Condor decals for each type.

Cheers,

UncĀ²

Luckly I got one from ya :D Really nice stuff them Ricardo Dacoba resin conversions!

I'd keep the Finger conversions and associated decals at the moment. I'm not quite sure that Kinetic can afford to cover all possible versions and upgrades that ever existed.

Well, thanks for the heads-up then. But whut 'bout the Nesher/Dagger? I think no-one would ever be able to pull off one of those versions not even by usin' the 5F nose shown on the piccy, right? It's a subtle different nose.

Luckily I got one from ya :D Really nice stuff them Ricardo Dacoba resin conversions!

Hell, yeh, my good Fouga Magister ridin' mate! Guess ya're one of those few lucky foreign modellers rejoicin' in the bliss of havin' one of Ricardo's long-outa-production resin conversion sets. Monsieur Laurent is another one. ;)

Cheers, Mikkel.

UncĀ²

It's a subtle different nose.
Er... in what way the Nesher/Dagger nose is different from the 5J/5F nose, oncle ?
Guess ya're one of those few lucky foreign modellers rejoicin' in the bliss of havin' one of Ricardo's long-outa-production resin conversion sets. Monsieur Laurent is another one. wink.gif

I've built a little altar where I've put it in laugh.gif

Edited by Laurent

Well, thanks for the heads-up then. But whut 'bout the Nesher/Dagger? I think no-one would ever be able to pull off one of those versions not even by usin' the 5F nose shown on the piccy, right? It's a subtle different nose.

Hell, yeh, my good Fouga Magister ridin' mate! Guess ya're one of those few lucky foreign modellers rejoicin' in the bliss of havin' one of Ricardo's long-outa-production resin conversion sets. Monsieur Laurent is another one. wink.gif

Cheers, Mikkel.

UncĀ²

Mine is still in the super awesome custom box ya made when you send it :D waiting for a decent kit!

Er... in what way the Nesher/Dagger nose is different from the 5J/5F nose, oncle ?

Well, that question was duly answered to ya via PM, already. :coolio:

I've built a little altar where I've put it in laugh.gif

Oh... an altar to praise Mighty Ricardo's most accurate conversion set in the quarter scale there is out there? So fittin' :worship:

Mine is still in the super awesome custom box ya made when you send it :D/ waiting for a decent kit!

Hmph... <_< Excuses, excuses... :taunt:

Cheers,

UncĀ²

Well, that question was duly answered to ya via PM, already. coolio.gif

I won the PM war. The pics might interest you guys.

The Mirage 5J/F nose...

Mirage5F_34grd.jpg

...is identical to the Nesher/Dagger nose...

foto+historica+NESHER+a+punto+salir+en+la+guerra+de+los+VI+dias.jpg

However some M5 version had an AĆÆda II radar-ready conical dielectric nose tip. That was the case of the Gabonese M5G...

3311553101002324754.jpg

... or of the Pakistani M5PA...

Mirage-5PA%20from%20Combat%20Commanders%20School%20(CCS)%20sargodha.jpg

I won the PM war.

:blink: Boy, crikey...

However some M5 version had an AĆÆda II radar-ready conical dielectric nose tip. That was the case of the Gabonese M5G...

3311553101002324754.jpg

Uh-uh-uuuuhhh... eusa_naughty.gif Piccy not showin,' "Monsieur Guerrier"? :P

Cheers, 'em

UncĀ²

• 2 weeks later...

hello all I would like to add to the Belgian Mirage 5 issue from the manufactures side, even though the Belgians were the largest user as a perspective you would sell the most popular versions first to pay for the molding process

the standard mirage 5 was used by more than one user. As you can Kinetic has in the past produced other variants later as with Kfir c1 and various F-16s so either the mirage 5BR and Elkan may be added later.

I really hope Kinetic could include the 1.700 litres fuel tanks, 1.300 and supersonic ones, as Matra R-550 Magic, Matra 530 in both IR and SARH and the JL-100 tanks. A pair of Argentine and Venezuelan Air Force declas will be welcomes as well.

With the Nesher nose you can build an IAI Nesher, IAI Dagger, and including a Kfir one, an IAI Finger, superb!!!!!!. The only thing that worries me is that strange breakdown for the tailĀ“s top.......

There is some video of the sprues for the III kit up at Hyperscale.

Not sure if we will get everything in the first boxing but multiple noses..four panels etc.

Lots of options.

well after seeing some of the trees of parts one not shown here but on Shizuoka hobby show video on Hyperscale there are 4 instrument panels and canards unfortunately not all trees are shown on video. hope that the Kfir bits fit on without mush trouble

• 3 weeks later...

Praying and crossing fingers that Kinetic or Wingman will provide the proper nose to build this one, IMHO the most stylized and elegant member of the whole Mirage III/5/50 family. The Chilean Air Force (FACh) Mirage 50C.

pozam50c.jpg

Mirage50C.jpg

Edited by Azor
  • 4 months later...

Only yesterday I was checking this thread to see if there was anything new to report :woot.gif:

I wonder if they'd include a special nose for the III S? I suppose that would be too much trouble...

L.E.: although I see now that the first picture in the very first post does show a 'suspicious' ;) looking nose :doh:

Edited by niki4703

Are these things going to sell zillions or what!

Hasegawa plus every other manufacturer who didnt release one are going to stab themselves in the hand when they hear how many Mirage's start walking out the doors at shops.

Think about how many nations with modelers flew them and it will give you some idea.

Hasegawa waste truckloads on a Raptor one country fly and looks like a Winnebago with two tails in preference to the Mirage!

Any wonder they are 20 bucks now and rarely see one.

Late Mirage's are a gold mine.