Incoming 1/48 Mirage III/5 kit

Pretty sure there will be an Elkan available sooner or later.

I'm sure there will. I also hope that someone will provide nose wiring conduits and IFR probe to do a late M5P too.

Edited by Laurent

I posted the question about the chaff / flare dispense on the Wingman face book site and they came back with a yes it would be included along with a CAD drawing of the unit. A very positive sign!

link

Regards

Jim Barr

Edited by Jim Barr
  • 3 weeks later...

Heard from a guy at a LHS yesterday who purchased 2 of the Kinetic Mirage IIIe kits a while back, said that both of his fuselage halves from both kits were badly warped. Has anyone purchased the kit seen this?

TIA

Brad

Hi Brad,

The MIIIE's I got locally (Skyway models) appear to be ok. Can't say the same for the 3 M2000's, a couple of F-16's and one atrociously warped A-6A/E (all from Kinetic). Didn't realize the problems until the recent M2000 I decided to work on and found the badly warped and twisted fuselages ... then decided to check the other Kinetic kits I have and found all the warped fuselages (and more in the A-6). I have a handful of their Kfirs and they all are ok. If I can't really look the kit over first I won't be getting any more Kinetic kits.

Heard from a guy at a LHS yesterday who purchased 2 of the Kinetic Mirage IIIe kits a while back, said that both of his fuselage halves from both kits were badly warped. Has anyone purchased the kit seen this?

TIA

Brad

Probably a problem happened during travel to him. I have two and both are perfect.

Hi Brad,

The MIIIE's I got locally (Skyway models) appear to be ok. Can't say the same for the 3 M2000's, a couple of F-16's and one atrociously warped A-6A/E (all from Kinetic). Didn't realize the problems until the recent M2000 I decided to work on and found the badly warped and twisted fuselages ... then decided to check the other Kinetic kits I have and found all the warped fuselages (and more in the A-6). I have a handful of their Kfirs and they all are ok. If I can't really look the kit over first I won't be getting any more Kinetic kits.

Gary,

You can email to info@kineticmodel.com for parts replacement for deform parts. But you need to take a photo of the deform parts to get a replacement.

Hi Gary,

I was at Skyway yesterday, and had the Mirage in my hand and put it back when the guy told me both had warpage issues. I just checked my Stoof, and all is well there thank goodness.

Hope all is well.

Brad

Hi Brad,

Hi Brad,

I was there yesterday also, from about 1-2. Had a tam booney hat on (doing a chemical treatment on my forehead for sun damage and have to stay pretty well covered for a couple weeks).

Busy getting ready for a move down to China Lake in the next month or two ... guessing you're settled in at Whidbey by now.

cheers

Could somebody who has connection with Wingman Models tell tehm it is Mirage 5 not Mirage V ? it might still be time to change !

I believe that the Belgian Air Force called their Mirages VBA and VBR. Still it should be Mirage 5 for the other users.

Exactly.

"VBA/Mirage V BA" and "VBR/Mirage V BR" were the official Belgian Air Force designations given to the Mirage 5.

Accordingly, the Wingman labelling is correct, fully complying with BAF nomenclature.

The Belgian AF wanted something special, so they were setting traps...

What's the capital of Vatican state? Vatican city.

What's the capital of the Republic of San Marino? San Marino.

And what's the capital of Liechtenstein? VADUZ.

;)/>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...