MD 500E El Salvador Air Force WIP

What's next Rod? I love to see you work your magic on the Dragon UH-1H and churn out an El Salvador AF version, replete with sugarscoop.

Might motivate me take another shot at a Huey as well.

Wow, thank you guys for your comments, i appreciate all.

Gracias Ernest, que bueno que te gusto. Saludos amigo.

John, i do plan to build the 1/35 dragon huey, but man, it has a lot of issues, it has to be a long project, i might stick for now with the Italeri UH-1H in 48th.

What other helicopters you plan to build John? Can we see some other Huey? I bet it will be beautiful.

Thank you all my good friends, it really motivates me to keep building models.

Rod.

John, i do plan to build the 1/35 dragon huey, but man, it has a lot of issues, it has to be a long project, i might stick for now with the Italeri UH-1H in 48th.

What other helicopters you plan to build John? Can we see some other Huey? I bet it will be beautiful.

I have a thing for builds with a bit of historical significance, I've been thinking about building the US Army UH-1H that was shot down by the FMLN in El Salvador in 1991. I believe that might have been the last US Army Huey lost in combat. It would be a nice memorial build for three soldiers that were killed when it went down. I also gravitate towards subjects that are a bit different and it appears that this Huey mounted an ALQ-144 under the tail boom which would be a bit unique. However, I've already built one of the Dragon Huey's and it was a tough project.

IMG_2909.jpg

I was hoping to see you take a crack at one, it might get me motivated to try another one as well.

If not the Huey, I'm pondering that "Seaspray" MD500 that was posted here a few years back but that one picture doesn't provide enough info to get started.

Anyway, congrats on your Littlebird, definitely one of the best helos I've seen!

John

John, your Huey is one of my favourite Huey models, its simply outstanding. Cant wait to see your next helo build.

Thank you Norbert and Oliver, im glad you like it.

Thank you all for your support.

Rod.

• 4 weeks later...

LD, thanks for your words, BTW, hows your 500D going???

I finally took today some outside photos to show some details. Hope you all like them.

Thanks.

Rod.

DSC07266_zps1d853851.jpg

Edited by salvador001