I love building cars and aircraft in big scales and this old Revell Plymouth Funny Car was no exception.

IMG_1863_zpsfc5da7cd.jpg

The chassis on this one is pretty much as Revell intended it with the exception of the rear body mounts/hinges. I just re-manufactured it in the same diameter plastic rod, but instead i sleeved it all in alloy tube and installed gussetts and braced it. The wheelie bars as well have been scratchbuilt. The rear wheel drums have been drilled out along with the rear rims and 1mm brass bots were fitted to the drums which enables the wheels to bolted on. Not diffucult and worth the effort. On the engine the headers have been scratch built and coated in Alclad chrome. As i had this engine in a dragster before the funny car, the engine was converted from a 426 to a 392 which entailed repositioning the magneto from the front to the rear of the engine. This car should have the 426 but seeing as the chassis was broken on the dragster i thought i may as well use the engine! The intake manifold has been plumbed for direct posrt injectors while the fuel injector hat has also been plumbed with hard wire injector lines, metering block and barrel valve. The blower belt was also scratch built.

IMG_1869_zpsc58184b7.jpg

I did have the body shell painted but in the end i just wasn't happy with it so it's almost all stripped back to start over, though i still have no idea for the paint scheme!

IMG_1866_zpsb7604ff6.jpg

IMG_1864_zpscd94c879.jpg