New Australian modelling site

Took a look myself. You can access all the various parts of the site including the forums, but can't post or reply unless you're a member. And as Julien said, it's a $25/yr fee. Think I'll take another pass at a pay site.

Joel

Hi folks,

Pleas see link for explanation of $25.00 fee

http://airliner-civil-aircraft-modeller.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42&p=265#p265

For those who want something for nothing....your call, your choice, but do you have any idea what it cost to set-up a professionally-built site these days, (especially one that offers monthly prizes etc).

Regards

Ray Woodford

A/CAM site owner

Edited by 707ray

I see he added the $25 bit after I registered for the forums.

too bad

Dylan,

Please allow me to set the record straight here mate, the $25.00 fee was always there and not "added later". This would have been apparent had you had studied the details of the site.... I have nothing to hide here sir.

Still, as a gesture of good will and a demonstration of my integrity, I am going to give you access to the forums as a "freebie" because I don't won't anybody thinking that there is any funny business going on here.

Regards

Ray Woodford

A/CAM site owner

Edited by 707ray

Hi folks,

Pleas see link for explanation of $25.00 fee

http://airliner-civil-aircraft-modeller.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42&p=265#p265

For those who want something for nothing....your call, your choice, but do you have any idea what it cost to set-up a professionally-built site these days, (especially one that offers monthly prizes etc).

Regards

Ray Woodford

A/CAM site owner

Well ARC, Britmodeller, Model Club.Gr all manage to offer great sites without charging. I also notice that you are advertising

Qantas and various modelling companies in Australia, are they paying you a fee for the advertising as well or offering up their products as the prizes for your monthly competitions?

A great site is run on the knowledge, good will, camaraderie and trustworthiness of it's members. However with oit being your site you decide how to run it, as you say "your call your choice"

Well ARC, Britmodeller, Model Club.Gr all manage to offer great sites without charging. I also notice that you are advertising

Qantas and various modelling companies in Australia, are they paying you a fee for the advertising as well or offering up their products as the prizes for your monthly competitions?

A great site is run on the knowledge, good will, camaraderie and trustworthiness of it's members. However with oit being your site you decide how to run it, as you say "your call your choice"

Hi mate,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have explained the fee, and make no apologies for it.

A great site also has to be payed for!!! do the other sites you mention also offer monthly prizes, give-a-ways at modelling events etc???

When the site is self-sustaining the fee will go...it's that simple.

I am sorry if this offends some, (that is certainly not the intention), but they don't have to join if they don't want to. I am not holding a gun to anyone's head here.

Regards for now

Ray Woodford

A/CAM site owner

Edited by 707ray

707ray,

I tried to checkout your explanation, but you have to join to see it.

I'm a active member of both ARC and Aeroscale, which are both free via the use of advertising. Aeroscale offers monthly prizes for their model of the month contest, which are donated by Dragon. I'm also a member of Cybermodeler, and Modeling Madness, neither of which charges a monthly fee. I've tried two pay modeling sites, and found both to be structured mostly around the owners builds & videos, and his rules. I've moved on from both.

While I choose not to join a pay site, I do wish you the best of luck with it.

Joel

707ray,

I tried to checkout your explanation, but you have to join to see it.

I'm a active member of both ARC and Aeroscale, which are both free via the use of advertising. Aeroscale offers monthly prizes for their model of the month contest, which are donated by Dragon. I'm also a member of Cybermodeler, and Modeling Madness, neither of which charges a monthly fee. I've tried two pay modeling sites, and found both to be structured mostly around the owners builds & videos, and his rules. I've moved on from both.

While I choose not to join a pay site, I do wish you the best of luck with it.

Joel

I don't know of any modl sites that charge to join. At least the great ones don't.

I followed the link too to read his explanation but you have to pay $25 to find out. Too funny.

I just redid my subscription to ipms Canada and that was a huge decision. A user pay forum is not my thing. I get pretty good info on the free sites. 707ray good luck on your endevour.

Dylan,

Please allow me to set the record straight here mate, the $25.00 fee was always there and not "added later". This would have been apparent had you had studied the details of the site.... I have nothing to hide here sir.

Still, as a gesture of good will and a demonstration of my integrity, I am going to give you access to the forums as a "freebie" because I don't won't anybody thinking that there is any funny business going on here.

Regards

Ray Woodford

A/CAM site owner

Ray I must apologize, I posted that reply on the wrong thread. what I should have said, is that the post mentioning the $25 was updated while I was registering. I had both this thread and the one on the airliners section open in separate tabs.

it is not fair to the rest of the people that have paid for the site for me to get a membership for free, so if you want to cancel it I am fine with that. if you want to keep me a member I have a bunch of airliner photos that I am more than happy to share.

cheers

Dylan

I don't know of any modl sites that charge to join. At least the great ones don't.

I followed the link too to read his explanation but you have to pay $25 to find out. Too funny.

Folks....enough of this please.

You do NOT have to pay $25.00 to enter and read the forums...all you have to do is register!!!

If you don't like the $25.00 fee then don't pay it and don't join my site.

My priority is to look after my paid-up membership and sponsors....I do not intend wasting any more of my time attempting to appease the "naysayers"

Regards

Ray Woodford

A/CAM site owner

Edited by 707ray

I have "donated" to a couple sites but they have civil, commercial, military, plus armor

automobiles, ships and then some. Good luck on your site but there is not enough there to interest me,

sorry. ---John

Edited by john53

I have "donated" to a couple sites but they have civil, commercial, military, plus armor

automobiles, ships and then some. Good luck on your site but there is not enough there to interest me,

sorry. ---John

As the name airliner-civil-aircraft-modeller (A/CAM) suggests, our site is only intended to cater for Airliner/Civil aircraft fans, and not any of the other areas of modelling you mention. It is by any definition a Special Interest Group (SIG) modelling site. Thanks for stopping by anyway John.

Regards

Ray Woodford

A/CAM site owner

Edited by 707ray