1/72 F/A-18F Super Hornet VFA-41 Black Aces CAG

1/72 J-7 "Chinese Air Force"

MV-22 Osprey eggplane

1/48 Mitsubishi F-2A w/etched seat belts, missile fins, gear piping

1/48 Kawanishi N1K1-Jb Shiden Model 11B

1/48 Kawasaki T-4 Red Dolphin

1/48 F-86F-40 Saber Blue Impulse Early Color Scheme

1/32 Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai Late type

WOW Whats up with Hasegawa? No New 1/48 tools at all. Are they on Hiatus? Love to see them do something new in 1/48 Jet preferably but anything. They just seem to re-box everything with new art and decals.

Anyone know why? bad economy etc???

Steve

I know really 1970-80's tooling...They make some real nice kits but what have they done lately?? I loved there A-4's F-104's Drakens but it seems in the past 2-3 years there hasnt been anything really new out of them? Is this a bad omen? lets hope not?

I know they do sci-fi and home market stuff that fills the coffers but they had a real nice line of 1/48 aircraft and there just hasnt been anything lately?

Steve

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/hblog/?p=150

1/72 Su-35S Flanker (New tooling!)

e44.jpg

1/72 A-10C Thunderbolt II

1/72 F-14A Tomcat Ace Combat Razgriz Squadron

1/72 Su-33 Flanker Ace Combat Strigon Squadron

1/72 ASF-X Shinden II Ace Combat Ridgeback Squadron

1/72 P-3C Orion JMSDF Fleet Air Wing 5

1/72 MiG-23 & MiG-27 Flogger Combo

1/72 F-35A Lightning II Prototype

1/72 P-47D Thunderbolt Razorback/Bubble Top "Operation Overlord"

1/72 F-15J Eagle MSIP Configuration II

1/72 F/A-18F Super Hornet VFA-41 Black Aces CAG

1/72 J-7 "Chinese Air Force"

MV-22 Osprey eggplane

1/48 Mitsubishi F-2A w/etched seat belts, missile fins, gear piping

1/48 Kawanishi N1K1-Jb Shiden Model 11B

1/48 Kawasaki T-4 Red Dolphin

1/48 F-86F-40 Saber Blue Impulse Early Color Scheme

1/32 Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai Late type

:sleeping:

You do realize that all those other kits are re-boxes and no new tooling. That being said over 90% of there new releases are re-boxes of old tooling some with raised panel lines and simple detail if that and have been superceded by other kit manufacturers! I know there is a loyalty to Hasegawwa akin to Monogram in this country but some new tooling would be nice just 1 kit every other year in each scale???

Besides my interest lies in 1/48 and those are NOT new tooling at all.

Steve

Already posted this on the old Su-35S thread. Just gonna copy & paste here:

Kit up for preorder on Hobby Search.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10270968

It's a July release at the same 3600 yen MSRP as the SU-33. Or discounted 3060 yen at HS or 2880 at HLJ.

From the description.

First, from the weapons list and numbers it seems to have the same weapons sprues as the Su-33. And new are the KAB1500 and Kh-31.

They got the down position for the vectoring thrust nozzles as an option

And it includes A PILOT FIGURE! w00t.gif/> F*** any innacuracies a pilot figure is a win by default!

They need to do a 1/48th A-10, A-6E, F-111F and EF-111A.

Steve

Great idea! Only mod I'd make on that list is... ALL the 111's as they did in 72! (BTW They're still the best 111's in any scale, and they were issued in 1986!)

JMHO

DET1460

You mean they're resting on their laurels just like Revellogram?

"Pride goeth before the fall..."

I don't know. R/M seems to be at least making an attempt. The past couple of years have seen the PV-1 and the Stearman, both excellent releases. If they can keep that up every couple of years, they will stay relevant.

First, from the weapons list and numbers it seems to have the same weapons sprues as the Su-33. And new are the KAB1500 and Kh-31.

They got the down position for the vectoring thrust nozzles as an option

And it includes A PILOT FIGURE! w00t.gif/> F*** any innacuracies a pilot figure is a win by default!

They are also including an inflight stand http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10270968b2/30/2 ( small orange icon at the bottom )

I think for 30 bucks it's pretty much worth it. In fact, this is the way it should have been for Hasegawa all along: Weapons, pilots and stands... and all at a reasonable price. Instead of expecting us to buy separate weapons sets/pilot figures.

I know really 1970-80's tooling...They make some real nice kits but what have they done lately?? I loved there A-4's F-104's Drakens but it seems in the past 2-3 years there hasnt been anything really new out of them? Is this a bad omen? lets hope not?

I know they do sci-fi and home market stuff that fills the coffers but they had a real nice line of 1/48 aircraft and there just hasnt been anything lately?

Steve

There's been a fair bit in the past three years, mostly focusing on current major capabilities: EA-18G, Su-33, Su-35, V-22, F-35, F-15E/SG/K, EF-2000, A-10C, all in 1/72. I suspect it is only a matter of time before the Rafale gets released or the very long delayed F-22. Also, releases have been pretty regular for the past five or so years: about two new tools every year, plus one or two major conversions. That to me indicates they have found a sustainable level of production capacity.

At the same time they've released a bunch of Sci-fi kits in 1/72nd: VF-11, VF-25 from macross, the Shinden from Ace combat, among others. In 1/48 and 1/32nd they seem to be focusing on japanese and other WWII aircraft.

Finally, this is not the Shizuoka show announcements: Just the HLJ sneak peeks. There will be quite a bit of stuff that will be shown at the show (what's the point to have the show if they just put it on HLJ now?). Its almost certain that Hasegawa will announce their 4Q kit at the show itself, whatever that might be. We'll just see the sprue shots for the Su-35 and A-10C.

Edited by -Neu-

Dear Mr. Hasegawa or whoever is in the design department: where is our 1/48 A-10C Warthog (new tool, of course, not a repackage of the tired old Revell-Monogram one)? Thanks for nothing. Att. Nobody.

While any new tool 1/48 kit from Hasegawa would be welcome, I can think of at least 50 more interesting aircraft that I'd like to see them do before a T-33..

Jet trainers seem to be the thing at the moment but to me they are a big yawn.