old_model_kits (NOT oldmodelkits.com) and rare_modelkits on eBay. They are the same person. old_model_kits runs the bid up so a legitimate bidder loses the auction. He then asks to be let out of his obligation. At the same time, as rare_model_kits, he puts the same item on eBay at a price slightly lower than your bidder's highest bid. I'm fighting ebay right now to get malicious feedback removed and I have reported him to law enforcement for price fixing/wire fraud/mail fraud. Small potatoes based on his volume, but I don't want to see anyone else caught up in his schemes.

Edited by JRobinsonUSAF

Ebay at the moment is loosing the battle against guys like this. Within the last year I have had a rash increase in deadbeats bidders, poor character individuals, and shills driving up prices past that of their own items. There's very little you can do about it. Its killing the whole experience for the hobbyist and I don't think ebay cares. I truly believe they want the little guy to go away, and leave the site to the mega stores who produce so much more revenue for ebay on the whole.

Rick L.

Ebay has turned into a joke and the biggest laugh is on non-commercial sellers. I can't post negative feedback on deadbeat bidders because I might hurt their feelings??? So, I don't post feedback at all anymore. When buyers ask me to post feedback, I tell them to get ebay to reinstate equal rights for sellers and we'll talk. But even if I did post feedback, nobody takes is seriously anymore - especially not ebay. So you got kicked off ebay? (You would probably have to murder the CEO in front of the Supreme Court for THAT to happen.) No problem - just sign on again with a new user name and different credit card.

• 1 month later...

Well, old_model_kits (aka rare_modelkits, and simulateflight) filed an item not as described on the kit I sold him. eBay found in his favor so I refunded the money. Then a friend familiar with the situation contacted me. The kit I sold him was up for sale by rare_modelkits. He even used the photos he posted in support of the item not as described claim he filed as old_model_kits!!! I contacted someone at eBay who was capable of independent thinking, and he removed the negative feedback left for me and reversed the eBay decision on the refund, and PayPal reimbursed my my money. I am still a little burned out on eBay, but this particular customer service representative did a lot towards my initial feelings.

JR

Edited by JRobinsonUSAF