calling all Gustav experts. been looking into building a G-6/AS but understand the nose section shape is a bit different. I'm looking at 1/48 or 1/32 options.

are there any G-6/AS sets out there in either scale? could the G-10/14 kit be a donor?

thanks!

Edited by randypandy831

In 1/32 you can use the Hasegawa G-10 to build a G-6/AS with some minor mods. You'll have to source some earlier propeller blades and oil cooler and you may have to trim the oil line bulges off the lower forward end of the cowl. The G-10 kit does include the smaller wheels and wheel bulges though. Maybe re-scribe a filler hatch or two as well, don't recall off the top of my head.

Stan built a G14AS shortly after he wrote that review, and it turned out very well. A little later he quit the board and sort of dropped out of sight. Wish we could get him to post over here as he had about as much knowledge as anybody I've seen on 109's and 190's. I have several Fujimi 109 kits in my stash, and there are two basic types. The one he reviewed, and one that has a separate tail section. Absolutely the best decal sheet in a kit came in one, but like most Asian decal sheets; they tend to yellow. Wish some after market guy would copy the sheet!

gary

thanks everyone!

I see hasegawa did a G-14/AS but is it even accurate?

thanks!

Randy,

I believe the Hase boxed 14AS is the G-10 kit with 14AS specific decals. I t would have the correct CWSD on the starboard side a/c both positions are there. However it only has the larger oil tank fill position. The 14AS requires the lower fill position to indicate the smaller oil tank. However you would need to reshape either/or the rear of the canopy or the fuselage section it meets as some think this area is not correct or you could just leave it as is.

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

Randy,

I believe the Hase boxed 14AS is the G-10 kit with 14AS specific decals. I t would have the correct CWSD on the starboard side a/c both positions are there. However it only has the larger oil tank fill position. The 14AS requires the lower fill position to indicate the smaller oil tank. However you would need to reshape either/or the rear of the canopy or the fuselage section it meets as some think this area is not correct or you could just leave it as is.

Mike Horina

knew hasegawa would do that. thanks for clearing that up. guess I'll try and track down the fujimi kit.

Edited by randypandy831