Canuck Models: New Store is Live

New Store is Live!

Hi Everyone, I'd like to announce that the new shopping cart system for Canuck Models is now live and available. I've put it through as much visitor flow testing as I can think of, but if you find something that doesn't seem right, please contact me via the website.

You may need to refresh your cache (reload the page) to see the changes. The shopping cart is displayed in a popup window and I've tested this with most ad blockers and haven't run into any trouble, but if you are not getting the shopping cart displayed, let me know.

Payment options include PayPal, Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express, and Money Order. All credit card transactions are processed securely via Stripe Canada, I don't have any direct access to your card information. You can also select PayPal as a payment option, then select their credit card processor if you're more comfortable with that. The actual shopping cart system is hosted by Volusion, this is the same company that hosts the SprueBrothers webstore so if you've purchased anything from them, you'll be familiar with the basic service.

There are now region specific shipping fees (Canada, USA, Rest of World). Those and taxes are calculated after you enter a shipping/billing address.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

thanks

David

Congrats David,

When I click on enlarge I only get a postage stamp sized image. But it may be my iPad.

Is there away to view the decal sheets ( not that I haven't seen them all before)?

Thanks for the great products,

Gary

Indeed, congrats. I love the decal options...and you do 1/72 stuff for those of us who build 1/72 Canadian subjects. One question, I think it was just before Christmas you posted about an upcoming Cf-100 decal sheet? If so, any news on when we might expect that? I have a Hobby Craft Mk.IV ready and waiting.

Well done and thanks!

Don.

Congrats David,

When I click on enlarge I only get a postage stamp sized image. But it may be my iPad.

Is there away to view the decal sheets ( not that I haven't seen them all before)?

Thanks for the great products,

Gary

It's likely your iPad, it's being redirected to the mobile version of the site that is for iPhones and Androids. Try using the full site.

thanks

David

Indeed, congrats. I love the decal options...and you do 1/72 stuff for those of us who build 1/72 Canadian subjects. One question, I think it was just before Christmas you posted about an upcoming Cf-100 decal sheet? If so, any news on when we might expect that? I have a Hobby Craft Mk.IV ready and waiting.

Well done and thanks!

Don.

Hi Don.

The illustrator work for those is finished. I've been concentrating my efforts of the past months in getting my printing shop up and running. So with the exception of the coke bottle CF-104, I haven't had a chance to get new decals online. Now that I have all the equipment in the shop I'm getting into the production swing of things. I have several sets of artwork press ready but will likely make the CF-100 markings the first full set released.

thanks

David

Hi Don.

The illustrator work for those is finished. I've been concentrating my efforts of the past months in getting my printing shop up and running. So with the exception of the coke bottle CF-104, I haven't had a chance to get new decals online. Now that I have all the equipment in the shop I'm getting into the production swing of things. I have several sets of artwork press ready but will likely make the CF-100 markings the first full set released.

thanks

David

Hey David,

Would you ever consider WWII Canadian subjects and Post War stuff such as Seafires, Avengers, Mustangs, and B-25s?

I might, but I have a client lined up that specializes in that area so depending on how that works out, I'd let him concentrate on that.

BTW, I've changed the agent detection on the website to ignore iPads. Now on an iPad it ~should~ take you to the full site where you have the real store. The mobile store should only work for iPhones and Androids but I don't have an iPad myself to test that.

thanks

David

Edited by RiderFan

Hi Don.

thanks

David

Thanks :thumbsup: ! You know us hobby guys... we always want stuff yesterday and can be a pretty impatient lot sometimes... :lol: . Btw, if you are looking for suggestions for a Cf-100 scheme, that 433 Squadron Mk.IV with the yellow and red checker pattern on the nose, wingtips (which wraps around the center of the wing tanks), and rudder sure is sweet... :wub: . shameless plug wasn't it... :lol:

Cheers!

Don.

Well with Mastercasters now having a nice new cockpit set for the HC kit I think new decals would be most welcome. I would certainly like that. I don't even have the kit now since I sold mine years ago and hoped to see a new one. Still waiting so maybe I have to go get one. Mastercasters have also announced an external detail set and that would help too.

I might, but I have a client lined up that specializes in that area so depending on how that works out, I'd let him concentrate on that.

BTW, I've changed the agent detection on the website to ignore iPads. Now on an iPad it ~should~ take you to the full site where you have the real store. The mobile store should only work for iPhones and Androids but I don't have an iPad myself to test that.

thanks

David

By client do you mean you have a partner that ell concentrate on WWII under your brand?

Good job on the iPad fix, the site looked horrible until you fix it.

By client do you mean you have a partner that ell concentrate on WWII under your brand?

Good job on the iPad fix, the site looked horrible until you fix it.

No, I mean I offer decal printing to others and I have a couple of people lined up that want me to do printing for their brands.

That said, decal publishing is an option too, so if someone just wanted to get paid for their artwork, I'd do that too.

As for the mobile site, it's part of the shopping cart by default and I can't change it. Even if you try to purchase something from my normal site, as soon as you add something to your shopping cart, you'd end up on the mobile site. There's not much I can do to solve that at this point.

David

Well with Mastercasters now having a nice new cockpit set for the HC kit I think new decals would be most welcome. I would certainly like that. I don't even have the kit now since I sold mine years ago and hoped to see a new one. Still waiting so maybe I have to go get one. Mastercasters have also announced an external detail set and that would help too.

Hey Guys,

Word of advise:

DO NOT ORDER FROM MASTERCASTERS! Although they have nice products, Jay Laverty has taken me for 66 GBP. I ordered the CF-105 sets a little over ONE year ago! Jay and his wife Roberta always had convenient excuse, about production problems, delays, all sorts. In the end they simply stopped providing excuses and now prefer to ignore my emails altogether.

They are both dishonest and not to be trusted!!!

If you really want their products, then order them from Hannants, not MasterCasters. Although I don't recommend supporting such nasty thieves who take the money from fellow modellers and never provide the products!

AGAIN! DO NOT ORDER FROM MASTERCASTERS OR YOU RISK LOSING YOUR MONEY!

Cheers,

Luc

Hey Guys,

Word of advise:

DO NOT ORDER FROM MASTERCASTERS! Although they have nice products, Jay Laverty has taken me for 66 GBP. I ordered the CF-105 sets a little over ONE year ago! Jay and his wife Roberta always had convenient excuse, about production problems, delays, all sorts. In the end they simply stopped providing excuses and now prefer to ignore my emails altogether.

They are both dishonest and not to be trusted!!!

If you really want their products, then order them from Hannants, not MasterCasters. Although I don't recommend supporting such nasty thieves who take the money from fellow modellers and never provide the products!

AGAIN! DO NOT ORDER FROM MASTERCASTERS OR YOU RISK LOSING YOUR MONEY!

Cheers,

Luc

I have never heard a bad thing about them and I have ordered in the past with no problems at all. They certainly dont have the reputation you are giving them. As well, there is a proper forum and etiquette for this.

I am a firm believer that there are two sides to every story.