Jake,Thanks for the quick reply! How about making a decal sheet for the Puerto Rico ANG 198th A-7D and F-16ADF in 1/32 scale? I know that you are working on a modern A-7 corsair book ! I can provide you with many detail photos of this unit for the decal sheet. If you are interested my email is: peterandmacho@yahoo.com

Edited by Ed Rivera

Ordered my 32 scale F4 sheets 24th April and they knocked on my door in Spain 30th April. Absolutely amazing. Admit it Jake you employ your kids to pack the goods up, that cannot be done by one guy alone!

Great stuff!

Scout

Ordered my 32 scale F4 sheets 24th April and they knocked on my door in Spain 30th April. Absolutely amazing. Admit it Jake you employ your kids to pack the goods up, that cannot be done by one guy alone!

Great stuff!

Scout

Ha! I wish. I can't even get my boys to help stuff the envelopes when everything arrives.

Nah, I was just home all week while my jet is in maintenance. I haven't had to fly for nearly two weeks now.

We appreciate your grounding so you can supply us with your drugs and push forward your next decals and books! lalalaaa....

Should we give the aircraft mech a tip to slow down his work?? :whistle:

Got the Phantom decals.

Just one comment: bring more 32nd scale stuff

Jozef

The 32nd sheets have sold very, very well, and have proven that 32nd will sell enough to justify their existence. I'll surely have more very soon.

The 32nd sheets have sold very, very well, and have proven that 32nd will sell enough to justify their existence. I'll surely have more very soon.

Jake

Even though I only have the love for a couple of 1/32nd jets (A-4 and A-7) I think the reason your subjects sold well in 1/32nd scale was because of the wonderful schemes you picked. I think the 1/32nd modellers out there are looking for that different scheme that stands out. Look to other companies that do not do 1/32nd due to being burned with too many sheets sitting on their shelves.

Just my opinion of course.

Jake

Even though I only have the love for a couple of 1/32nd jets (A-4 and A-7) I think the reason your subjects sold well in 1/32nd scale was because of the wonderful schemes you picked. I think the 1/32nd modellers out there are looking for that different scheme that stands out. Look to other companies that do not do 1/32nd due to being burned with too many sheets sitting on their shelves.

Just my opinion of course.

Chris, they've sold well, but not as well as their 48th counterparts. Considering the enormous physical space considerations of storing books, storing a few hundred decal sheets that take a year or two (or more) to sell out is fine with me. As long as they pay for themselves, I'm happy to print more. I only build 1/32, so it's nice to finally be able to build some of the jets I've been after for years. Having said that, I also see why some companies don't do 32nd. What works for them, may not work for the next guy, and vice versa.

Jake

Chris, they've sold well, but not as well as their 48th counterparts. Considering the enormous physical space considerations of storing books, storing a few hundred decal sheets that take a year or two (or more) to sell out is fine with me. As long as they pay for themselves, I'm happy to print more. I only build 1/32, so it's nice to finally be able to build some of the jets I've been after for years. Having said that, I also see why some companies don't do 32nd. What works for them, may not work for the next guy, and vice versa.

Jake

Hi Jake (and all)

First I am glad that the 32nds sell well and others may come. I appreciate very much your willingness to wait longer time till your investment pays back.

It is obvious that the 48th scale is the leader and 32nd cannot beat it, alone the space (and money) consideration can explain it. Funny is, that if 32nd scale sells less, then 72nd scale does not sell at all it seems.

However, I keep saying (and agree with Skyhawk) that the chosen schemes have something to do with the results. Look, some decal producers brought absolutely stunning sheets in 48th scale but were not willing to scale them up and released much less interesting schemes in 32nd which inevitably to my opinion resulted in lesser sales. I would say, if something sells well in 48th scale it most probably be a good seller in 32nd too.

It is your money and your efforts, or as we in Slovakia say, you bring your skin on the market. I am glad that you do. I may say what I would love to see but always will accept your decision and will never ever blame you for not releasing this or that (even though, of course, such scheme is most needed and lot of people cannot live without it).

Just my two (euro)cents.Good luck

Jozef

Funny is, that if 32nd scale sells less, then 72nd scale does not sell at all it seems.

How do you figure this?

From everything I've seen everywhere, with the possible exception of the US, 1/72 is the #1 scale in the world...

It is your money and your efforts, or as we in Slovakia say, you bring your skin on the market. I am glad that you do. I may say what I would love to see but always will accept your decision and will never ever blame you for not releasing this or that (even though, of course, such scheme is most needed and lot of people cannot live without it).

I appreciate your point of view, Jozef. I'm still very, very new at this whole decal gig, so my decisions are certainly going to be wrong on many occasions until I figure out what I'm doing. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me what subjects will sell well and which subjects won't. With only 7 sheets currently available, I'm already surprised at one sheet for not selling as well as I'd hoped.

The only thing I have to guide me is discussions with other decal guys in the past. I learned from Bob at TwoBobs and Scott at Afterburner when they were in the business, and hopefully I can make some better decisions based on their knowledge. I do remember several topics on the forums where things got somewhat heated as people viewed an unwillingness to print 1/72 subjects as a personal attack on them. Quite simply, I need to make sure that what I print pays for the next sheet(s) and so on. If a sheet doesn't recover its cost within a couple months, it makes it harder to print future sheets.

How do you figure this?

From everything I've seen everywhere, with the possible exception of the US, 1/72 is the #1 scale in the world...

Hi

That is why I call it funny. I cannot explain or reason it (and I am 72nd scaler too besides of 32nd). Maybe the people are simply happy with what they get in the box.

Jozef

Hi

That is why I call it funny. I cannot explain or reason it (and I am 72nd scaler too besides of 32nd). Maybe the people are simply happy with what they get in the box.

Jozef

Maybe, I dunno. All I can see is that for some other printers, 1/72 seems to do just fine, so I'm finding it a bit difficult to fathom.

I'll admit I'm a little bit sour because nobody else seems to be giving F-4s much love besides Hi-Decal. I do really like their decals but they're covering mostly non-US (and non-German) operators (which is great), and I can build just about any non-US Phantom I want now (or soon, once the Egyptian decals are out). But these latest sheets from Jake are covering USAF subjects I haven't seen done elsewhere and would love to build. If money were less an object I'd buy the whole batch just to have them. (What is the minimum print run and the cost anyways, I wonder...)

But these latest sheets from Jake are covering USAF subjects I haven't seen done elsewhere and would love to build.

There will be some 1/72 Phantoms coming, don't worry! Eventually I'd like to consistently work in all 3 scales, but it'll take me some time get a good foothold enough to pay for everything I'd like to do.

Jake

There will be some 1/72 Phantoms coming, don't worry! Eventually I'd like to consistently work in all 3 scales, but it'll take me some time get a good foothold enough to pay for everything I'd like to do.

Jake

That's great to hear!

I was thinking to make a "I wish this was first" suggestion, but then in looking over the sheets you've done so far... I'd be happy with any of them - each one has several very desirable options!

Though if you get to doing a USMC F-4S sheet at some future time (in whatever scale) then it'd be great if you could include one for VMFA-112!