1:32 BQM-34 Firebee?

Hey all,

Been away for a while, since my job has me focused primarily on ground-based stuff. However, I'm working on a new exhibit on target drones and I'm in need of a 1:32 resin BQM-34D Firebee drone. I know there re two sources out there for it, but haven't had any success in finding either kit. Has anyone ever built one, and secondly, does anyone have an example of the kit available for purchase? It's gotta be the 32nd scale kit, since that's the closest to 35th around and I need it to work in with the rest of the museum plan.

Thanks very much!

Jon

Hey all,

Been away for a while, since my job has me focused primarily on ground-based stuff. However, I'm working on a new exhibit on target drones and I'm in need of a 1:32 resin BQM-34D Firebee drone. I know there re two sources out there for it, but haven't had any success in finding either kit. Has anyone ever built one, and secondly, does anyone have an example of the kit available for purchase? It's gotta be the 32nd scale kit, since that's the closest to 35th around and I need it to work in with the rest of the museum plan.

Thanks very much!

Jon

Hi Jon -

I'm not aware of any 1/32nd kits of the Firebees; there are several smaller scales (in 1/72nd and 1/48th as companions to their Italeri DC-130s). Are you thinking of the Fermo or Ryan BQM desk models which are about 1/32nd (give or take)?

Apparently there are two kits out there, one from Ace Resin (can't see if their website is up because my gov't computer keeps blocking it) and one from a Japanese company which my work computer is also blocking. I was aware of the 48th and 72nd ones included in the DC-130 kits, but I'm really hoping to avoid using those. I currently have the entire planned museum laid out in 35th scale and the 32nd Firebee would be more than adequate to show the proper footprint, since it's roughly 8% larger than 35th.

I suppose if there aren't any kits available any more, I'll take one of our desktop models and cast it in RTV and make resin ones from that.

Jon

Apparently there are two kits out there, one from Ace Resin (can't see if their website is up because my gov't computer keeps blocking it) and one from a Japanese company which my work computer is also blocking. I was aware of the 48th and 72nd ones included in the DC-130 kits, but I'm really hoping to avoid using those. I currently have the entire planned museum laid out in 35th scale and the 32nd Firebee would be more than adequate to show the proper footprint, since it's roughly 8% larger than 35th.

I suppose if there aren't any kits available any more, I'll take one of our desktop models and cast it in RTV and make resin ones from that.

Jon

Ah, I understand now. I just measured the "Ryan" model - it comes out to about 1/30th. Could you please contact me off board?

Thanks,

Craig

Hey all,

Thanks very much!

Jon

Jon

Try Mike West at Lone Star Models. He has a BQM-34, but don't recall the scale. It is 72 scale. I sure screwed the pooch on that one. At this point I have to back of on any help.

Ciao

Henry Blecha

Edited by hblecha