F-16C "86-0269", Nellis Aggressor, in 1/72

This is my next build: The Revell F-16C kit with TwoBobs "Blizzard Bad Guys"-sheet. I will use the markings of "269", but won´t paint it in the new scheme, but the old one in desert, brown and green. Since the lineage of the camoflage is the same as on the arctic one, I hope to have some nice effect if I place the two birds together.

IMG_1561_zps0cc3db09.jpg

HAJO

Yeah, I built one a year ago and the only downside I remember was the pilot: First I have to say I´m very thankful that the kit comes with a pilot-figure, but why does this poor guy has such a big (too big) right arm??? If it wasn´t a pilot (who usually get chicks like nothing, at least that´s my dirty phantasy...) I´d have a really dirty and simple idea why this guy has such a big right arm.... ;)

HAJO

I attended the exhibition of my former club at my birthday home this weekend and enjoyed a lot of good models and chatting with many guys I know from the time when I was living there.

I also used the opportunity when I was not chatting or looking to work on my F-16.

This is the current status:

IMG_4574_zpsd56325fd.jpg

HAJO

Made some progress during the last days, here are pictures:

IMG_4575_zps1aa85353.jpg

IMG_4576_zpsdaab61d5.jpg

IMG_4577_zpsd99ea471.jpg

The static dischargers at the end of the ailerons are a PITA and continue breaking off...

HAJO

So better cut them off! I replace them with bristles of a toothbrush, or acupuncture needle can work too (AFIAK it has 0,3 mm diameter).

Before you should drill holes where u want to place the dischargers...there are small drills (0,25 or 0,35 mm will work). Glue ehm in with superglue, spray a bit of accelerator on and basta! Now you can paint ehm....it really works in 1/48, why not in 1/72 too?

It is fiddly, but worth the outcome! try it!

Put on decals yesterday:

IMG_4638_zps653d0dfc.jpg

IMG_4640_zpsb0273f44.jpg

And nearly lost my calm after I painted a cleat matt coat today... :deadhorse1:

IMG_4641_zpsf97ea3c2.jpg

I used Revell Acrylics, and they always screw me up on darker colors. Next time I will use Humbrols Enamel 49 again...

IMG_4642_zps7e09af70.jpg

HAJO