19 Annual Western Canadian Regional Model Contest

Hello from IPMS Edmonton,

I would like to extend a warm invitation to the 19th Annual Western Canadian Regional Model Contest to be held in Edmonton on June 7, 2014. Edmonton is once again excited to be hosting this event and look forward to your participation this year. Our vision is to make this contest familiar to those who regularly attend each year.

Following on the success of our previous show, where we had two distinguished guests, Brett Green of Hyperscale and Spencer Pollard of Military in Scale, we are excited to announce this year that we have invited Roy Sutherland of Barracuda Studios to Edmonton.

Roy requires little introduction as he has been very active in the modeling community over the years. He is well known for Cooper Details, 21st Century Toys, and presently Barracuda Studios.

As well, Roy brings to us his modeling experience and expertise having worked as a professional model maker for Industrial Light and Magic on Stars Wars Episode II.

The seminars and demonstrations carried out by Brett and Spencer at the last show were informative, educational and fun! We will have more to offer at this new edition of the show.

The Edmonton Capital region has a lot to offer to those who are attending the show. First and foremost the Alberta Aviation Museum has graciously allowed us to host this event in their facility. The setting is perfect for this show and the museum has a wide array of aircraft and historical artifacts on display.

For those bringing their families West Edmonton Mall is just twenty minutes away. You and your family can have fun splashing around at the World Water Park at the Mall. Edmonton also has a diverse range of shopping and dining options in the city. I would also suggest an evening stroll along Old Strathcona to take in some of the ambience of life in early Edmonton.

We have received a tremendous amount of sponsorship and we have some incredible awards for our participants. Our hobby shops are yours to explore (we will publish a map) and we also have discounts codes for hotel stays. Please contact IPMS Edmonton for more info.

The contest has its own website at www.wcrmc.ca and there you can find additional information about the show. As the awards and categories are sponsored the site will be updated.

Host Edmonton graciously welcomes you! We look forward to your participation!

Gary Fairfull

Contest Chair WCRMC

Sounds like a great show. A bit too much of a trek for me but I'd love to go!

Where in Canada are you located? I always like to meet other Corsair fanatics. Expect something "Corsair" announced soon. Sorry, that is all I can say although I am very excited. :)

Westjet has great flights all over Canada!

I'm in Ottawa but I occasionally venture out to shows in Ajax and I've been to heritagecon.

Something "corsair".... hopefully its the -1A from Tamiya....

I've been to Ajax, I also have friends in Ottawa (IPMS Ottawa).

Nope, not the 1A.

• 3 weeks later...

I have more to add for this event now that time is winding down to the big date! We hope to see many of you there!

We are excited to announce that Barracuda Studios, who will be at the event, will have a special IPMS Edmonton decal sheet for the show!

Nova Hotels is providing us with a rate of $99, they are located on 127 St and Yellowhead Trail, which is roughly a 10 minute drive to the show. There is a closer Nova Hotel and we are working on the same deal with the Airport Location.

For your viewing pleasure I have added photo's from our last show, where our special guests were Brett Green and Spencer Pollard.

OilersBrettGreen225_zps46a0a43f.jpg

OilersBrettGreen254_zpsa0f9f30f.jpg

This Herc was my favourite and Spencer's too!

ContestSarahawards003_zpse200bc39.jpg

ContestSarahawards132_zpsce817d95.jpg

ContestSarahawards107_zpsa76b90c2.jpg

ContestSarahawards131_zps50e87a48.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bump for the weekend event!

We are excited to announce that all entrants will receive a Barracuda Studios Decal sheet that we had produced for the show with some very exciting Canadian subjects on it! Roy will also have his own products at the show!

I hope to see as many people as possible from all over the modeling world!

Edited by Scooby

Will the decal sheet be available for purchase also, for non-entrants?

Keith

We will sell whatever is remaining after the show and we will sell at the event for those attending in person but not entering the contest.