Does anyone know if there is any plans for some decal sheets for ANG KC-135s for the new Minicraft kits?....Would love to see some sheets for Maine,Utah,Washington, and New Hampshire to name a few!!!...Thanks Marshall

Edited by texasraider

I only remember the Wolfpack KC-135s being 1/72. You're correct that March was the third option, then he did another sheet with Fairchild, McConnell, and Seymour Johnson. One other sheet had a Shamu R from Robins.

Really looking forward to seeing what you've got planned in 1/144 Jennings!

Jonah

Not sure. The DS period nose art tended to be extremely elaborate and often airbrushed. Re-creating it in 1/144 would potentially require a huge number of colors (= more expensive printing) and/or offset printing.

This is a start on it :)/>

KC_135_Es.jpg

Nice.....I like the AZ ANG Copperheads and Chilean AF machines. Any thoughts on doing these in 1/72 scale for the AMT/Italeri/Heller kits? BTW, Italeri has announced a re-release of the KC-135A for this year.

Some really nice options for the KC-135. Too bad most of the schemes are devoid of colour with the exception of the tail bands or special Tiger Meet schemes. That Chilean scheme is a bit different and most welcome. Thanks for including that Jennings.

I was actually lucky enough to see the Ohio KC-135 way back in the late 80s at Wright Patterson AFB. What a sharp looking scheme. Maybe I am getting my KC-135s mixed up but I think we were told this was the squadron with the responsibility of refuelling the SR-71 fleet. Special fuel and all that jazz. I this these are the same markings that was in the Revell kit that was also in 1/144 and issued so many years ago.

French KC-135s too when they release the R version?

Not sure. The DS period nose art tended to be extremely elaborate and often airbrushed. Re-creating it in 1/144 would potentially require a huge number of colors (= more expensive printing) and/or offset printing.

Thanks for the answer, and I hope that you do as I would like some Desert Storm KC-135s on the display that I do.

• 2 months later...