They're doing an A, an E (already out), an R, and an EC-135C (already announced).

We'll be doing some ANG E's, but I'm not positive exactly when it will be. Lots of things going at the moment.

Edited by Jennings
  • 2 months later...

I doubt we'll do them in 1/72 honestly. If there's a loud enough cry, but I can't see the market being very big (i.e.: big enough to justify) for them. In 1/144 you can fit a lot more on a sheet, and ANG stuff is so parochial we need to get as much wide appeal as possible on a single sheet.

Still waiting for an ADC grey KC-135R sheet after all these years.

It seems just about the only one not covered by any sheet apart from generic decals for the KC-135 that Hannants did.

Did you notice Caracal Decals have announced a sheet for release in January? Might be worth dropping KursadA a line to see if the ADC grey jet is a possible option.

Tried to PM you but your mail box seems to be full

I doubt we'll do them in 1/72 honestly. If there's a loud enough cry, but I can't see the market being very big (i.e.: big enough to justify) for them. In 1/144 you can fit a lot more on a sheet, and ANG stuff is so parochial we need to get as much wide appeal as possible on a single sheet.

D'ooohhhh. Oh well. Thanks for looking into it though, I appreciate it!

• 6 months later...

Waiting on Paul Fisher. I need his correct parts to do a windscreen, turbine stripes, etc. No point in making inaccurate decals for inaccurate parts of the kit.

Thanks Jennings. Was hoping to get an idea of which units you plan on printing. I'm hoping your affinity for the Great Land inspires this one:

KC-135Rs_Alaska_Air_National_Guard_at_Eielson_AFB_2009.JPG

I'm actually hoping for a bunch of Air Guard units. I'm really looking forward to your sheet, as well as Paul's parts. You're calling him every day I trust? :)/>

Edited by Ed Nirel
  • 1 year later...

Yes. The word is that I've drawn about 200 different KC/EC/RC/C/NKC-135s. Turning what I have into decal artwork is pretty pro-forma work, but I'm exceedingly occupied with graduate school through this December. In order to do justice to the '135 the way I want to do it, it's going to be a many months long project. And right now I simply don't have time to devote to a project like that at the moment. But we WILL be doing a MASSIVE '135 project, including airframe stencils, etc, etc, etc. It just isn't going to happen this year.

But it WILL happen.