Hello all,

My Flanker is approaching paint phase and I'm doing Blue 03 which went on to become Blue 09 of 941st IAP in Kilp-Yavr. I've got Linden Hill's excellent Flankers on Patrol 2 sheet which gives me the profile views but no top and bottom views. Does anyone have any ref pics or paint call out charts for the above mentioned a/c. Does it wear the "typical" Flanker scheme? Inside of the vertical stabs would be handy as well. Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

You could try and look at the Begemot website. They have pdf files from all of their decal instructions, and maybe the same airframe is included in their sheet as well...

Hope it works out.

Greetings!

All the serial su-27 wear the standart camo.

Attention, linden hill have make two error, your plane have bagan its carrier at Rogachevo in 1987, in the 641 GvIAP as 09 blue and not 03 blue, it's after when he was arrived at kil-yavr in 2001 thaht it was repaint as 03 blue! So yes the 03 blue (ex 09 form rogachevo/Afrikanda) wear the standart camo. Linden hill have give a wrong camo for top view.

Sorry for my bad level in English :)

Thanks guys,

All the serial su-27 wear the standart camo.

Attention, linden hill have make two error, your plane have bagan its carrier at Rogachevo in 1987, in the 641 GvIAP as 09 blue and not 03 blue, it's after when he was arrived at kil-yavr in 2001 thaht it was repaint as 03 blue! So yes the 03 blue (ex 09 form rogachevo/Afrikanda) wear the standart camo. Linden hill have give a wrong camo for top view.

Sorry for my bad level in English :)

Thanks for the tip xZ0ub1rx. So does that mean that the aircraft wore the wolf on the arrow when it became Blue 03 and moved to Kilp-Yavir or did it wear this badge all the time?

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

While searching for ref pics I found these 2 for Blue 09:

Blue 09 #1

Blue 09 #2

The first shows the a/c with the green radome and the second with the ?newer? white radome. Are these the same a/c? The polar bear also seems to missing on the second picture. Has it been resprayed in the new scheme or is this a different a/c?

The second photo in your two links is an upgraded Su-27SM.

Note the offset IRST ball on the windscreen - plus the RWR antenna on the leading-edge slats.

Dunno if its the same airframe upgraded to SM standard - but I doubt it.

Ken