2 Cougars from Kitty Hawk

I certainly wouldn't toss out the Collect Aire kit just yet. Unless there were some ****major**** changes to the CAD after the images were shown a few months ago, you're in for a major disappointment.

Does this mean that the Revell / Monogram Cougars will get cheaper????? Woo Hoo!!!!

Monogram did not make a Cougar. They made a Panther. Revell made a Cougar but it was box scale and from the 50's.

I certainly wouldn't toss out the Collect Aire kit just yet. Unless there were some ****major**** changes to the CAD after the images were shown a few months ago, you're in for a major disappointment.

I've built the CA Cougar. I'll take plastic any day. While the CA kit was nice, working with all resin (especially the kind CA used) isn't the most fun thing in the world. The KH Cougar may not be perfect, but I've waited for a Cougar long enough. With paint and decals, it will sit on my shelf with the rest of my NavAir models and no one will ever notice any inaccuracies that might be present.

Long story short, I made most of it in Skulpy oven fired clay then carved, sanded to shape. then I made a mold of those. Cast them in resin and glued it all up.

After many long nights I had it painted, decaled and was ready to add all the small parts and call it done.(It was going to the NATS)

I was shocked to see a bunch of bubbles rising up on one wing!!!!

Apparently I didn't mixed the resin thoroughly enough and gas was working itself out.

This photo shows the repaired wing. But I would have to strip the entire model and repaint it again, otherwise the wings wouldn't match. (I tried)

The NATS came and went....the build went into a box, never to be finished.

Top-1.jpg

Edited by Harold

10296245_771296689582291_8724035767872609755_o.jpg

from D&S FS page, https://www.facebook.com/milavnarc

Unless there were some ****major**** changes to the CAD after the images were shown a few months ago, you're in for a major disappointment.

What images ? The Twogar prototype ? This was awful but I don't remember someone saying something bad about the CAD images that came after.

Nice! Is there any possibility of seeing a F11F Tiger?

You can read on D&S's FB page that an undisclosed manufacturer (KH presumably) is studying the possibility of making a 1/48 or 1/32 Tiger.

AD-5s and an A-2B Savage are likely to come soon or later.

Edited by Laurent

You mean a Savage at 1/48??? Mmmm.......... nice.

I'm just guessing.

- Starfire done

- Cougars in the works

- Voodoo in the works

- Banshee in the works

- Thunderstreak in the works

- Thunderflash in the works

- Tiger being considered

Not much left.

I'm just guessing.

- Starfire done

- Cougars in the works