Hippo Models Yak-28P Firebar 1/48

Wow, I had forgotten about that thing. As for the company going bankrupt, I would think the moulds if already cut would be assets. Hopefully another company was able to pick them up. Be great to have that in the collection. Such a cool looking aircraft and from what I can remember there was only ever the Revell kit in 1/72nd?

I don't think there's any evidence that molds were ever cut. The only thing I ever saw was the above photo, which could very well be (and likely is) a master, either resin or hand made.

There are some interesting masters all over Russia waiting for investors. The Voronezh based VES company (who made that 72nd Su-24, Su-15TM, Pe-3 and few other kits) as a last work created the masters for a 72nd Tu-22 bomber. There are photos of the master and it was amazing. It never went futher than that, unfortunately! :( :( :(

Best regards

Gabor

Master-model from Vladimir Rusenko initially were made for VES short-run technology, now in 3D era this handmade detail almost unusable.

Master-model from Vladimir Rusenko initially were made for VES short-run technology, now in 3D era this handmade detail almost unusable.

Zdrastvuy Andrey,

The VES Tu-22 master did look fantastic and even if not a 3D version it was 10000% better than the ESCI kit! I would still love to see it in some form.

Privet

Gabor

Kind of amazing to think that over the span of 8 years or less, physical masters have become effectively useless. I can't think of many model companies that would release a resin version of the kit. Anigrand, maybe? That's about it. I don't think anyone's doing limited run injected kits using resin moldings either, which would be the traditional way of turning a physical master into a plastic kit. Pantographing? No way.

I guess you could cast the parts in wax, then lost-wax cast in copper, then spark erode a tooling, but that's just not a common workflow for most tooling companies so they're probably reluctant.

The sad thing is, for either kit to be released, the most likely scenario would probably be to 3D scan the physical master, re-draft the parts in CAD and then produce a tooling from there.

I can't think of many model companies that would release a resin version of the kit.

HpH ?

I don't think anyone's doing limited run injected kits using resin moldings either, which would be the traditional way of turning a physical master into a plastic kit.

Perhaps the first Eduard 1/72 MiG-15 (the one that got scrapped) was made this way ?