Next in line to print is 48006, covering various F-15Es, ranging from 1989 up through last month. It's heavy on Seymour Johnson jets, but also includes a 17th WPS jet, 53rd Wing flagship, and a pair from Luke in the early F-15E days.

I'll post the profiles and more info a bit later. This sheet will be followed shortly by another F-15E sheet, covering other squadrons and eras (Desert Storm, Allied Force, Libya, etc).

48006_F-15E_SHG.jpg

Yessssssss that's the one right there!!! So glad I picked up that revell strike kit recently, going to need more strike eagle kits. This is a must have. Can't wait for this and the SEAD sheets- what a great year for model building this will be for me. Jake you have outdone yourself with this one Sir!!! Finally Seymour birds!!

Edited by B-ONE27

Cool, the 461st! Hey, if you want I have a bunch of walk arounds of the 391st, including the squadron CO jet, when they were at Bagram, Afghanistan durring 2007, they dropped a bunch of iron while they were there. Interesting thing was they were dropping SDBs while they were there. From what I was told, it was an in AOR upgrade and they did drop a few of them also.

Duane

Yahoo!

I sent in some references for the 4th FW to Afterburner decals back about 8-9 years ago, with their demise I didn't think I'd see any sheets for the jets out of SJAFB.

I get buzzed by the 4th FW at least once a week where I work, sometimes we get buzzed multiple times in one day.

Ken

Great subject! SJAFB is in our back yard, and our model club is the "Eagle Squadron," so that 10,000 hour Strike Eagle with the ES nose art has been calling my name!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

These have been sent to Cartograf and are expected to return in late July or early August, in time for the IPMS Nationals in VA Beach.

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

I realized I never really related what jets are on the F-15E sheet. In no particular order, we have

1) 86-0186, 4th Fighter Wing flagship, 2003

2) 89-0480, 4th Fighter Wing flagship, 2011

3) 89-0503, 336th Fighter Squadron flagship, OIF 2003 w/nose art & mission markings

4) 89-0488, 336th Fighter Squadron flagship, OEF 2011 w/mission markings

5) 89-0487, 335th Fighter Squadron flagship, OEF 2012, 10,000 hours, w/nose art & mission markings

6) 89-0502, 335th Fighter Squadron, OEF 2011 w/mission markings

7) 86-0186, 53rd Wing flagship, 2009

8) 91-0327, 17th Weapons Squadron, USAF Weapons School flagship, 2009

9) 87-0187, 461TFS flagship, 1991

10) 87-0185, 58th Fighter Wing flagship, 1992

This will be followed very shortly by another F-15E sheet with Desert Storm SJ jets, along with a host of others.

48006_StrikingEagles_main.jpg

Maybe down the road, chuck, but not right away. Once I do sheet #2 & 3, I may pick out a few schemes from all sheets and put them on a 32nd sheet. No promises, though.

Jake

Just my opinion,a 48th sheet with a single 32nd bonus option,like in some Afterburner and Two Bobs products would be just fine for me.

People either love that idea or hate it. I did it with my first two F-4 sheets and got very mixed reviews. It also caused a lot of confusion, as some people thought the entire sheet was 1/32.

• 1 month later...