Markings for 8 A-7Ds from Ohio (178th TFG, 121TFW, and 180TFG), Pennsylvania, Michigan, & Puerto Rico. 3 K-models from the 4450TG, Iowa, and South Dakota. This ties in nicely to the upcoming Modern SLUF Guide.

A-7D_SHG-1.jpg

Edited by jmel

Jake

So glad you are releasing the Ohio ANG A-7D with the wasp (?) logo. I believe this is a two tone grey scheme too. I had missed out on that sheet when Superscale did it some time ago and now it is OOP. However now that you are releasing it, I am a happy camper :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As for that Pennsylvaina ANG A-7D that is on the sheet, it would have been cool if you had included the pine tree kills that showed up on one of their aircraft I think back in 1988 if I remember correctly. I think there was also some writing on the nose that said "Passionate Pruner" too. Can't remember the serial number but I have some slides of that aircraft in my collection.

Looking forward t

The Toledo jet with the bee on the tail has been done several times over the years, but has never been done right. It has always been done as solid colors, but in reality it is made up of gradients in the yellow stripe and the yellow/green in the eyes. On the real jet, the artwork was fairly intricate. Cartograf will print it as it really was.

I've never seen the PA jet you're referring to. I'd love to see it for a future sheet.

Jake

The Toledo jet with the bee on the tail has been done several times over the years, but has never been done right. It has always been done as solid colors, but in reality it is made up of gradients in the yellow stripe and the yellow/green in the eyes. On the real jet, the artwork was fairly intricate. Cartograf will print it as it really was.

Well that is great news. It is amazing that so many companies can issue decals and each one is different. I guess it all has to do with what the artist has to use as reference. Obviously in your case you had some superior reference material which in the case of producing decals is all important. I am very grateful for that. Oh I thought it was a wasp but it is a bee.

I've never seen the PA jet you're referring to. I'd love to see it for a future sheet.

Jake

Let me dig out my slides and send them to you. Maybe I should just send you a stack of the slides from my road trip with some friends back in 1988. We went to the IPMS USA Nats in Dayton that year. We started in Ottawa, Canada and stopped at several ANG bases on the way down. Having prearranged the visits made it a well worth trip and I burned through a lot of Kodachrome.

I am hoping you can make use of the slides. For some reason I have no end of problems scanning Kodachrome and to this day have not found something that can get a good result with Kodachrome.

Glad to see the South Dakota as well. At least now I'll have a set that fits. The Superscale sheet had issues a plenty.

Rick L.

Yet another reason I am glad I missed that sheet :thumbsup:

Sweet, Ohio and Iowa on one of my favorite planes...guess I'll have to get a -K or change up the serial for an Iowa bird though. Awesome that you are getting these out there. Now for some 906 TFG and "Bats" F-16s...

Cheers,

Dave

guess I'll have to get a -K or change up the serial for an Iowa bird though.

Don't do that. The next SLUF sheet will have a few Des Moines jets with great artwork on the gear doors.

Don't do that. The next SLUF sheet will have a few Des Moines jets with great artwork on the gear doors.

Guess I'll be buying both then. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Dave

Or perhaps piggyback one or two 1/32 with a 1/48 sheet? Or is that getting Neg. feedback?

Actually, yes. I've had quite a few complain, and it also caused some ordering problems when some thought the entire sheet was 1/32.

Jake,

Since we finally have Des Moines on this sheet....and chance of Sioux City SLUF's on Pt2?

Other than the Hobbyboss 1/48 A-7K kit nobody has done them, and the ones in that kit ain't the greatest.

Gary

and chance of Sioux City SLUF's on Pt2?

Yep. I didn't have any good refs in time for Pt1, but Geoff Martin sent me some nice stuff that I'll use on Pt 2.

Jake, I plan on visiting Puerto Rico at the end of June. One stop will be the museum at Borinquen Airport (formerly Ramey Air Force Base) where I will land. I will see what they have although I do not recall any shark mouth schemes (my preference).

Regards,