Eduard's kits - Jets and Props

Returning to the hobby after several years absence.

What a difference .... my God!

Are the Eduard's kits really good?

I am mostly interested in FW-190A and MiG-21 1/48 kits.

What are the main differences between their Profipack, Limited and Weekend Editions? Prices, details, number of parts, photo-etches?

Well folks, I will appreciate if you give me a hand.

Cheers,

Flores

Edited by amflores

Their Fw190s are described as "fiddly" but look nice.

Their MiG-21 is a masterpiece - except for the bis version, where they cheaped out (and insulted a lot of modelers in the process) by not doing the promised new fuselage parts. All they did was give you a shorter intake ring on the MF fuselage. Other than that they're spectacular kits.

Profipack kits give you the plastic, decals, PE, and sometimes some small bits of resin

Limited/Weekend kits usually only give you the plastic, the PE, and one decal option

"Overtrees" (where'd they get that word?) are just the plastic in a white box - no instructions (PDFs are available for download), no decal, no PE.

Be aware that a lot of Eduard jet kits, and some props, are Academy plastic in their box with some additional PE, etc. Best to ask if you're not sure.

The Fw and MiG are 100% Eduard though.

Welcome back!

J

...Their MiG-21 is a masterpiece - except for the bis version,....Other than that they're spectacular kits...Be aware that a lot of Eduard kits, are Academy ....Best to ask if you're not sure.....The Fw and MiG are 100% Eduard though.

Hi Jennings,

Thanks for your great help and comments.

I really appreciated.

Regards,

Flores

Be aware that a lot of Eduard jet kits, and some props, are Academy plastic in their box with some additional PE, etc. Best to ask if you're not sure.

Eduard's 1/48 F-16s are reboxed Kinetic kits.

...and Eduard 1/48 Su-7, Su-22M3, Su-22M4 and Su-25 are rebox of KP(KoPro) kits with Colored PE, paint mask and some resin bits. those are not 21st century engineering kit... still you can make great models from it.

...and Eduard 1/48 Su-7, Su-22M3, Su-22M4 and Su-25 are rebox of KP(KoPro) kits with Colored PE, paint masks and some resin bits. those are not 21st century engineering kit... still you can make great models from it.

Hello mingwin,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

We have very similar avatars :cheers:/>/>/>

Regards,

Flores

Edited by amflores

You are welcome(back) Flores!

and yes, we have very similar avatars (of the very same USSR Guard emblem)271.gif welcome to the club! (even if you might have pick-up yours a long ago... i've never seen you before!)

...that's what make me thought , that the soviet era subjects re-boxed by Eduard could have been of interest for you...

but if you only have one Eduard kit to do, choose the 1/48 MiG-21 (MF or SMT(or even Bis)) you'll get the best you can get from Eduard!

Eduard's 1/48 F-16s are reboxed Kinetic kits.

I guess I should add Eduard also includes resin accessories including ejection seat, engine exhaust and wheels and a color photo-etched set.

More details here and here

You are welcome(back) Flores! and yes, we have very similar avatars ....welcome to the club! ... i've never seen you before!...that the soviet era subjects re-boxed by Eduard could have been of interest for you...the 1/48 MiG-21 ....you'll get the best you can get from Eduard!

Hi mingwin,

Funny the coincidence about our similar avatars.

Yes, I'm fond of the cold war soviet era planes and AFV's, but not much of the modern era Russian ones. They are big even in the 1/48 scale.

Both the Eduard's Su-7 and MiG-21PFM might end in my stash of kits to build, to the despair of my wife.

I am not much active on plane forums. I'm much more an observer than a participant.

Now that I am back to the club you might see me more often.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Flores