Aires Exhaust for the Hasegawa F/A-18A/C - Worth it?

AS the title said, is the Aires exhaust a worthwhile upgrade to the Hasegawa kit. money not really an issue, I'm more interested in the detail you see, particularly the cans

All opinions welcome.

AS the title said, is the Aires exhaust a worthwhile upgrade to the Hasegawa kit. money not really an issue, I'm more interested in the detail you see, particularly the cans

All opinions welcome.

I'm assuming you're talking about the 1/48th version?

Yes and no... If you're looking to get the opened exhaust version then yes, hell yes! Looks fantastic and will suit an in motion/taxiing Hornet in a really big way.

If you're just going for the closed petals looks, then maybe not, add a bit of scratch building if you really must for nicer detail and a touch of creativity but otherwise no... But they are great, Aires is by far one of the best resin detailing companies out there, great subjects, beautiful quality of resin and moulding. Not to mention the realistic turbines and photo etch bits for the flame holder...

My 2 cents :whistle::thumbsup:

Aires detail is great, but their unpredictable shrinkage really can put a spanner in the works together with a bucket of sand. For me, the detail on the F404 nozzles look oversized, and the turkey feathers look too straight in profile. This "gut feeling" has put me off researching them in any greater depth, so I'm willing to be proven wrong...

Jens

I've never had the shrinkage issue till now. My Su-27 cans have shrunk and don't come up flush against the fuselage. Really p155ed about it because they cost a bit and the detail creams the kit version. Not sure what to do. Like I said though the detail is brilliant.