Great stuff for painting wing tip or clearance lights.

For really vibrant realistic looking wing tip lights try Delta glass paint. It's used for making stained glass windows so its translucent. All you have to do is put down a base silver color then a blob of the Delta after the silver is dry. Goes on looking awful but when it dries...taa daa perfect lights. Oh..and it's water based so clean up is easy.

You can find it in most craft stores.

Rob

Yessir, How does it compare to Tamiya and/or Gunze clear acrylics? I use mostly Tamiya clears for wings lights or the lights on the fuselage on F-16's, I also put them over silver or aluminum paint or foil. The next time I get to a Hobby Lobby, I'll check the Delta acrylic clears out. Thanks.

For really vibrant realistic looking wing tip lights try Delta glass paint. It's used for making stained glass windows so its translucent. All you have to do is put down a base silver color then a blob of the Delta after the silver is dry. Goes on looking awful but when it dries...taa daa perfect lights. Oh..and it's water based so clean up is easy.

You can find it in most craft stores.

Rob

Do you have any pics? I'd like to see it in action before I go out and buy it.

The Delta dries brilliant, looks just like glass or plastic lights. I think it looks better than the tinted clears. Sorry but I don't have any pics available.

By the way, it's dirt cheap and a small plastic bottle will last practically forever since you don't apply very much.