For your next International Viper sheet

It certainly is very nice - we'll need to wait a bit more until more detail photos emerge. I will need a couple other interesting recent schemes from other countries, too.

Wow gorgeous scheme, wasn't expecting that. Shouldn't the title be IqAF not IrAF though?

That does look rather different, and it is IrAF.

Has the IrAF changed its Roundel from the triangle?

Edited by Jabba29

It looks like it could be added to the upcoming 1/72 sheet with minimal work - I already have the paint scheme specifications, I will work on this this coming weekend.

Awesome! That is one of the cooler looking schemes I've seen on the viper.

It looks like it could be added to the upcoming 1/72 sheet with minimal work - I already have the paint scheme specifications, I will work on this this coming weekend.

YES!!

That does look rather different, and it is IrAF.

Sorry but the Iraqi AF were referred to as IqAF not IrAF, however going by the serial number on the tail it is now simply IAF.

Sorry but the Iraqi AF were referred to as IqAF not IrAF, however going by the serial number on the tail it is now simply IAF.

Sorry to say that I do not know where you have got this information from and I am not trying to get into some sort of competition. Every article in books and magazines that I have read on the Iraqi Air Force has always stated that the shortened version is IrAF, this includes an article in Int Air Power Review Vol 26 and the book Iraqi Fighters by Tom Cooper and Brig. Gen. Ahmad Sadik (who served in the Air Force). I agree with your assessment that this Air Force maybe called IAF now, but surely this would be the Indian Air Force?

Interesting that it has 16S210 wingtip launchers rather than LAU-129, don't often see that these days. Is Iraq getting -120 or -9X?

The post I read said AIM-7's as there BVR missile. I'm sorry I can't remember about the AIM-9X

No AIM-120 or AIM-9X, although JHMCS is included so I wouldn't be surprised if the -9X was eventually sold to them.

This is what was requested back in 2011

19 M61 20mm Vulcan Cannons

10,000 rounds PGU-27A/B target practice 20mm ammunition

30,000 rounds PGU-28 SAPHEI (semi-armor piercing high explosive incendiary) 20mm ammunition

120 LAU-129/A Common Rail Launchers, which fit the F-16′s wingtips. They can be used with all AIM-9 missiles including the AIM-9X, and with the AIM-120 AMRAAM;

100 AIM-9L/M-8/9 Raytheon Sidewinder air-to-air missiles. These missiles are effective, and the AIM-9M missiles are still in widespread American use, but they’re a generation behind the current AIM-9X;

150 AIM-7M-F1/H Raytheon Sparrow Missiles. A couple of generations behind current beyond visual range air-to-air missiles. They lack the current AM-120 AMRAAM’s independent radar guidance and other improvements;

Undetermined number of LAU-117 Maverick launchers;

50 AGM-65D/G/H/K Raytheon Maverick Air to Ground Missiles;

230 MK-84 2000 lb. bombs;

800 MK-82 500 lb. bombs;

200 GBU-12 Paveway-II laser guided 500 lb. bombs;

50 GBU-10 Paveway-II laser guided 2,000 lb. bombs;

50 GBU-24 Paveway-III laser guided 2,000 lb. bombs with longer glide range and a “bunker busting” warhead;

20 Lockheed Martin AN/AAQ-33 Sniper or NGC AN/AAQ-28 LITENING advanced surveillance and targeting pods. As noted earlier, almost certain to be Sniper;

4 BAE F-9120 Advanced Airborne Reconnaissance Systems (AARS) or Goodrich DB-110 Reconnaissance Pods.

I agree that they've selected a very nice scheme for these fighters, but what's with the ugly new national emblem? They should bring back the traditional green triangle. It's been the same for eighty years; there's nothing Baathist about it.