New Eduard 1/48 Gustav. What's the assessment ?

One sentence comes to my mind:

“I wish to register a complaint” :D :D :D :D

I am sure most of you know what I am talking about but for those who not and you are lucky to be in London and have a ticket for the Monty Python show (I hate you all!!!) will know it soon.

It is funny that this sketch was done so many years, decades ago and still it has some connotation even to this situation. And how true it is in 2014 too:

a Dead Parrot is a dead parrot no matter what the seller is saying! ! !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/comedy/comedy-news/10940310/Monty-Pythons-reunion-show-teaser.html

Best regards

Gabor

I am utterly staggered by people who say the Eduard 109 has only minor issues!

For the three hundreth time.

This is not a minor shape or contour issue ala Trumpeter.

This is an issue where if you have an Eduard 199 sitting anywhere near a more accurately dimensioned Hasegawa or Fujimi kit you simply say "wtf! Id going on here!"

We are not talking curves or shape but an issue which your Labrador could see while leading you down the street.

If you want to defend the Eduard kit i recommend you take up die cast as i would feel it would give you far more joy than "scale" modelliing.

Important word being "scale"!

I van live with most shape issues but 1/2 a meter on a 109 wing..no thanks.

This is an issue where if you have an Eduard 199 sitting anywhere near a more accurately dimensioned Hasegawa or Fujimi kit you simply say "wtf! Id going on here!"

We are not talking curves or shape but an issue which your Labrador could see while leading you down the street.

If you want to defend the Eduard kit i recommend you take up die cast as i would feel it would give you far more joy than "scale" modelliing.

You must be wrong because Mr Sulc himself says in the latest Eduard Info, with reference to a built hasegawa and Eduard 109 that "it is not easy to tell which is which", so you must be wrong ;)

But seriously he's trying to sell what he can of the G-6 and Royal Class boxings at the moment, so he's not going to say too many bad things about it.

I think Eduard will learn from this experience, which some other manufacturer's could do with learning, that it doesn't matter how much detail and fancy bits you add to a model, just don't forget the basics - shape, size and fit.

I just hope they do a good job of the rest of the Spitfire line they have planned.

There is nothing wrong with this kit, the problem is in the way you perceive it.

Darken the room. Step back 15 feet. Close one eye. Squint the other. Now look at the Eduard kit.

See, no apparent issues.

This whole topic is overblown.

Edited by 11bee

There is nothing wrong with this kit, the problem is in the way you perceive it.

Yes he's obviously looking too lateral at it and expecting that when the model is built it will actually look like a 109 ;)

Edited by Tbolt