F-16C "Blue Flanker" in 1/72, Revell

Yeah, jets are easy for me - I don´t bother much with details, just glue them together and start painting...

First I added a coat of pure white, now it looked like preparing for some winter season:

IMG_4659_zps0bce91f3.jpg

I then started with the bright blue (visible on the tail), but quickly decided not to continue. My initial plan was to paint the whole jet in that blue and then add the other colors, but the bright blue did not cover good, even on the white. So I continued with grey and will add the bright blue portions as last color item.

IMG_4660_zps56c37205.jpg

HAJO

Uh... mainly colors I mixed myself. The grey was based on Revells #76, with some drops of white. The darker blue is Revell #56, but I think I had put some white in that as well. The brighter blue is a color I mixed for my F/A-18 from VFC-12, can´t tell what I used to get that color then...

Sorry, I´m not much of help here...

HAJO

I applied some decals and stencils, but still have to do the squadron markings, patches and so on.

IMG_4706_zpsd2314083.jpg

IMG_4705_zps96ee0606.jpg

I´m not sure what to do: Mike from Vagabond Decals has sent me the black markings of the Arctic Bad Boys for the "WA" (Nellis) F-16... Black markings will definitely change the current appearance of the bird, and I still have some grey ones for an "AK" (Alaska) bird... Those would fit better to the grey walklines.

Either what option I will chose, the tail-numbers won´t fit to the paintings of the model, as they are representing a different paint-scheme in reality.

HAJO

• 3 weeks later...